Will NZAA be developed fully?

CLett737

Cant seem to find an answer to this anywhere on google, so here goes.

Is NZAA going to be developed as a standalone airport addon, or will it simply be 'improved' with the upcoming NZNI release?

I very rarely do VFR flights and perhaps I am missing out, but I am simply having to much fun with the NGX and looking forward to the 777 and new 747 from pmdg and then the a320 from fslabs and then perhaps a330's, a340's at later stages.

I recently found a very cool video on youtube from an air tahiti nui captain flying into NZAA 23L.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROK0D-ryklQ

This gets me very excited about the upcoming NZNI release and even more so if NZAA will be fully developed. :)

All the airports in NZNI have been improved. That includes Auckland Intl. NZAA has this and that with a very cool looking something. :D:P

Haha grrrrrr. So I can assume that the 'improvements' will be all NZAA will be getting? Nonetheless, very excited for the release. :)

AFAIK orbx still has a policy of not doing full international airports. the ones they did in AUS are very good, but have tended to be frame eaters, and also to soak up large amounts of development time. I guess anything is possible, but I woudn't hold your breath.

Wellington is more like a regional airport then international. It only takes A320's and 737's, nothing larger. Flights are domestic with a few Australian destinations and seasonally to Fiji.

The biggest aircraft to land in Wellington regularly is the RNZAF 757. other then that ANZ landed a 777 for a photo op but nothing bigger then the A320's and 737's fly out of there regularly. The old 747-SP used to land in Welly but that thing was a strange little aircraft no longer in service.

It is a great airport for windy landings as it is located in the Cook Strait with strong winds almost daily. Would be cool to see ORBX consider Wellington for a north island airport.

Cheers

Wellington is more like a regional airport then international. It only takes A320's and 737's, nothing larger. Flights are domestic with a few Australian destinations and seasonally to Fiji.

The biggest aircraft to land in Wellington regularly is the RNZAF 757. other then that ANZ landed a 777 for a photo op but nothing bigger then the A320's and 737's fly out of there regularly. The old 747-SP used to land in Welly but that thing was a strange little aircraft no longer in service.

It is a great airport for windy landings as it is located in the Cook Strait with strong winds almost daily. Would be cool to see ORBX consider Wellington for a north island airport.

Cheers

+1

Maybe they could include Paraparaumu Airport (NZPP) as a free bonus airport like they have done in the past (Jefferson County, Hobby Field etc)?

Great video Cameron thanks for posting...it certainly would nice to see an Orbx return to a large international for NZNI but even without it the scenery that complete's Oceana is a mouth watering prospect!

Great video Cameron thanks for posting...it certainly would nice to see an Orbx return to a large international for NZNI but even without it the scenery that complete's Oceana is a mouth watering prospect!

Yea that video is great. I dont know how many times ive watched it. Haha. NZSI and AUS are amazing. Im hoping the 'upgrade' that orbx has done on NZAA will be good enough. But like I said, it would be even better to have the full monty... :)

Check this new video out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRYK8LUsrLs&feature=colike

Speak of the devil....I am currently stuck at Auckland Airport at the moment. My flight this morning from Queenstown to Wellington was canceled so they put me on the one to Auckland and then to Wellington. So looks like a get a free tour of the North Island just prior to the release of the FTX version.... :D

All this travel around NZ is getting me excited about this upcoming release. I think I will walk around NZAA and take some pics as I have a few hours to kill.

Cheers :D

Archived