Plane identification at West Wind

marith

I'm really enjoying the latest freeware scenery -7WA3 West Wind - thanks Orbx.

Despite being an aviation enthusiast I am hopeless at identifying some aircraft unless of course it has a unique shape. I am getting better but I have a long way to go.

Can anyone tell me what the static plane at 7WA3 West Wind with the Chinese Air Force livery is please? I have searched around and tried to identify it but I am not having much luck. No doubt the answer is obvious but not to me unfortunately.

Thanks, Martin

I think it is a chinese Nanchang CJ-6, based on the russian YAK-18 / 50 and 52...

Thanks Vlad. After looking at images of Nanchang CJ-6's I can see that it is indeed the aircraft at West Wind :).

Hmm, now there's a lost pilot from China if I ever saw one!

::)

Actually, you'd be surprised just how many Chinese pilots fly around this region in real life... I'm the one teaching them! They come over to the US as flight training is both cheaper and 90% of Chinese airspace is controlled by the military... there's just nowhere to train their up and coming airline pilots over there... Keeps me in a job I guess!

I was up in a Nanchang a few weeks ago pulling about 4g . Not the pilot in charge but a had a turn at flying . As Jarrad has said - Warbird joyflight popular. I believe they cost around the $300K .

Great photos Vlad. Thanks for posting them.

I noticed a Nanchung at KJAC (Jackson Hole) as well. I like the look of these aircraft and would love a flyable one to be available for FSX.

Archived