Anacortes missing some buildings

Frankie_2

Hello,

one of my friends has problems with the Anacortes scenery. He's not so good in english so I offered him to request support in the Orbx forums.

His order number for PNW and 74S is 305366 (aeroware.eu).

That's his system:

Intel Core i 5 M 460 2,53 GHz Booster

8 GB Arbeitsspeicher 64 Bit

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 4095 MB

1024 MB DDR 3

And here are some screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see, there are some buildings missing.

I hope you can find a solution for him ;)

G'day Frank,

Two suggestions I would ask him to try:

1. Ensure that his scenery density slider is set to "normal" or higher.

2. Go to his Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_74S\Scenery folder and ensure that there is a file named Westsim_Anacortes_Library.bgl present. If not, a re-install of the 74S package will fix this.

Let me know how you go,

Jarrad

No worries - did he run a re-install of 74S anyway? If not, I would suggest doing this. The fact that only these objects are missing indicate that either a) there is a problem with the library .bgl, B) the placement bgl files have been corrputed/exluded or c) the texture .dds files have been removed.

Let me know how he goes after the reinstall.

Cheers,

He made a reinstall even before I requested support here.

I can't understand where's the problem, cause everything seems to be fine.

However, thank you for your efforts, Jarrad, I hope we'll sort out this issue soon for him ;)

No worries Frank, we'll get there :-)

Next step is to get him to disable all non-FTX scenery addon scenery entries in his scenery library, to see if this will resolve the issue. If this doesn't work, please get him to take a screenshot of his FTX_AA_74S/scenery folder, showing filenames, creation dates and filesizes.

Cheers

Disable all non Orbx-entries in the library didn't work.

Here are the pictures of the files:

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Änderungsdatum" is the creation date in DD.MM.YYY HH:MM, "Größe" means filesize ;)

The two files in the end of picture one and the two files at the beginning of picture 2 are the same ones.

Sorry Frank, I missed your reply last week. Nothing looks amiss from that screenshot. In all honesty if your friend has reinstalled a clean version of 74S and is still experiencing the same problem, I'd really have to suggest that the problem may be caused by a conflicting (non-ORBX) scenery? For another request, could your friend please let me know what scenery display settings he is using (perhaps the easiest way would be to take a screenshot of this page).

Cheers

Actually, just to throw a spanner in the works, I too have missing buildings. I've had this scenery since it's release. I have all the buildings around the airport, it's just the black area in the town and also the black area on the water front that appears to be missing. I thought it was something that should be there, or a texture that was going to be rectified in a patch at some point. I too have done a reinstall. I run very dense AG, with no other scenery for that area.

Hi Frank,

I've been a little occupied with KJAC release for the past couple of days - apologies. You guys really have me stumped, I honestly have no idea what is causing this problem. Two more options:

1. Can you temporarily disable all non-74S addon scenery folders (including the base FTX PNW folders) so see if there is a conflict elsewhere.

2. Can you please ensure that for the purposes of this test that all options on the control panel are activated.

For curiosities sake, Frank do you own 74S? If so, are you also experiencing this problem or is your setup OK?

Cheers.

Archived