Weird FTX_AU Roof tiles

Adam Banks

I get the impression this is quite a complex issue, but is there a simple fix?

Posted Image

I have the full set of FTX_AU, a few AU Airports and also NZSI. This is Noosa (Sunshine Coast) - with Oceania active.

EDIT: Note also there are some blank tiles there ...

Hi Adam,

Looking nice!

If you have FTXcentral set to Oceania, can you browse to FSX/Autogen and tell me the date-stamp of your RoofDescriptions.spb file?

And please cycle FTXcentral to Default and back to Oceania, pressing OK each time

Looking nice!

If you have FTXcentral set to Oceania, can you browse to FSX/Autogen and tell me the date-stamp of your RoofDescriptions.spb file?

And please cycle FTXcentral to Default and back to Oceania, pressing OK each time

Hi Tim - thanks for the super-fast response :-)

RoofDescriptions.spb is: 56.7Kb Created: 04/08/2006 9:46pm, modified 03/05/2008 5:24pm

Does seem pretty old, eh? Maybe an upgrade to FTX_AU didn't "stick"?

I'm pretty anal/thorough about cycling, so - yes - I always recycle & "Apply".

Any thoughts on the missing tiles?

Ta, Roofdescriptions file is correct

From your picture it looks like something has fubar'ed your autogen, normally a FTXcentral cycle clears it up..

Best bet is to run in this order:

- AU.SP4.002

- NZSI.001 SP

- Latest ORBXlibs

(Make sure you are set to Oceania for the two servicepack installs)

Cycle FTXcentral again, and re-check

Ta, Roofdescriptions file is correct

From your picture it looks like something has fubar'ed your autogen, normally a FTXcentral cycle clears it up..

Best bet is to run in this order:

- AU.SP4.002

- NZSI.001 SP

- Latest ORBXlibs

(Make sure you are set to Oceania for the two servicepack installs)

Cycle FTXcentral again, and re-check

Thanks, Tim ... close ... but no cigar!! I did all of the above, in the correct order, and re-installing libs 120328 (latest off the site). Recycled a few times and flushed the indexes for good measure.

Posted Image

I don't mess with AGN, elevations etc. for exactly this sort of reason. Should I re-install FTX_AU?

Still some missing texture as well. The shot was taken coming into Noosa from the south - from Maroochydore.

Here's my report file:

FSX Go Version 1.0 December 2009

FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 120328 March 28th 2012

FTX AU HOLGERMESH V1.0 (SP3)

FTX AU YBBN BRISBANE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT VERSION 1.21 - May 2011

FTX AU YMML MELBOURNE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT VERSION 2.0 - NOVEMBER 2010

FTX AU YSCB CANBERRA AIRPORT VERSION 1.1 - MARCH 2011

FTX AU YSCH COFFS HARBOUR AIRPORT VERSION 1.5 FEBRUARY 2011

FTX AUSTRALIA SP4.002 - MAY 2011

FTX NZ NZSI New Zealand South Island V1.0 PATCH 001 December 2011

ORBX FTX BOB FIRST PERSON MODE VERSION 1.1 JULY 2010

Thanks,

Adam.

Hallo Adam i have the same roofs,i think it PREPAR3D.

I have FSX and PREPAR3D on my pc and after i installed PREPAR3D my autogen got a upgrade in FSX.

How that works i dont know,Tim can maybe look into it and let as know.

And it all over not just in ORBX scenery.I made scenery for my town in South Africa and fix the land class and after PREPAR3D was installed it was upgraded to.

I will have a look and see what landclass tile it is and let you and Tim know.

Hi Hebrew! I don't have P3D (I wish I did!!) ... so I'm afraid it can't be that! Keep trying, though (!!) thanks!

That's the old AG issue. There is a replacement file (RoofDescriptions.spb) that will fix the problem. Search for rooftop fix file. I have it if you can't find it.

Adam,

As far as I remember, this is an old known problem of cohabitation between GEX and ORBX scenaries (which was fixed I thought). See this, for instance. I think Jose and Tim gave you the answer :) .

Good luck.

Thanks BB, Jose ... Hebrew. The problem is that I've never used/installed GEX ... and Tim seems to think my RoofDescriptions.spb is the correct one <??>.

Jose - if there's a way of attaching that file in a PM - or a link to it somewhere, I'd like to give it a try. Does that file *only* live in FSX/Autogen?

So Adam i have the same problem,here is a pic before i installed PREPAR3D and after.It looks like the autogen that have the problem is LandClasspoly_Large_City_Urban_Grid_Wet.

The pics is default fsx landclass not Orbx,dont have pic before the problem for ORBX scenery.

I fix will be great.

Cant get pics up.Here is the pics on my site - http://triengtrieng.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/7708247-autogen-problem?page=last

Hope we get a fix.

Really ? funny thing, cause the result is exactly the same as what I got. Well ok, forget it then :) .

I'm a bit confused (doesn't take much!!). Are you saying you *had* the problem but that restoring that file to the default one cured it?

@Hebrew ... JK is working on a fix for all the screenpics ...

Hi.

Not sure if I have a solution, but can you please double check that you have FTX -C set to AU, not default. All those ground textures are default.

Here's the same spot with the the AU Gold Region (the Nthn NSW-SE Qld Region with in FTX AU) ground textures.

Posted Image

Also, could you please confirm that you have NZSI installed, not just the patch.

Cheers,

matthew.

BINGO!!!

Posted Image

Thanks to all concerned - and Hebrew for the link. I replaced the .spb file in BOTH FSX/Autogen and ORBX/Scripts/Backup

Now ... the (new) file (actually 4 Sep 2006) was already there in "ORBX/Scripts/Backup" but the one in FSX/Autogen was the 2008 version (as mention in the original post). Do any of the (newer) ORBX sceneries use a newer version of that file?

Also - HELP - does anyone know what to do about those untextured buildings? Not a biggie, as I'm delighted to have finally got some decent gables (YAY!!!).

Thanks again, folks.

Adam.

EDIT: I think I can see the problem. It's the version in ORBX/custom.au (the 2008 version of RoofDescriptions.spb) that causes the problem. So when flipping from "Default" to "Oceania" in FTX Central will set the 2008 version to active (in FSX/Autogen).

The "fix" (kludge) would be to replace the version in custom.au with the default (2006) version ... but why does the one with FTX.AU (custom.au) produce these errors?

Archived