Stewart airport is a mess

ba43

Not trying to say anything negative about the incredible detail that Russ has achieved with the recent airport released by ORBX. I'm just noticing how run down this place looks with the screenshots I'm seeing. If this is how the airport is in real life, wow what a dump. The pavement is crumbling away. Cones are placed on the surface to keep aircraft from falling into the potholes. Run down and dilapidated structures. Overgrown grass. Man this place needs some serious work and refurbishment.

Brad

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It does look a little run down! I'm sure Russ capture it just the way it is so perhaps in this day and age there is a short fall of funds to maintain it! All the more reason to get up there and enjoy it before the FAA closes it down ;-)

Cheers

Martin

HA....Having been in Stewart not too long ago. I can tell you Ross did an OUTSTANDING job. Run down doesnt begin to describe Stewart.... one way in one way out....and 7 government liquor supply outlets...Oh and dont try buying cigarettes if your a "furriner"......

Hee hee, yup, it is a dump in real life! I thought that only yesterday, so I went onto Google Earth and believe it or not, there is one road which has 'Street View.' If you pop down and check it out for real, you'll see just how much of a dump it is. PS. Sorry to anyone who lives there! :lol:

Archived