AU RED - First alpha build shots!

We have the AU RED region up and running in alpha now and boy, is it a kaleidoscope of colour and light. This is chameleon region, full of surprises and a screenshotter's paradise. I'll show some more shots including Uluru, the Alice and other areas over the coming weeks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've made a 1920x1200 wallpaper of the last image for you - it's attached below:

Glorious_AU_RED_1920x1200.zip

This is the one I have been looking forward to the most. I spend a lot of time in these areas, and it can be stunningly beautiful as well as being very harsh country as well. Seems like you have captured that feeling already in those shots. Great work ORBX team  :D

Thanks everyone - yes this is alpha, so early days yet, there a LOT of work to go into this region to truly depict the outback correctly. The variety in the terrain is astonishing, as anyone who has flown over the centre from an airliner can attest to.

I've made a 1920x1200 wallpaper of the last image for you - it's attached to my first post.

late in the evening , thermos of coffee, snacks ,set the time -2hrs before dusk , 2000 ft,  cruise the radials of the Goose-that deep relaxing warble and just

kick back and let it seep in.  This is going  to be good.

:o OMG I cant believe it, this gonna be my favourite region for sure. Its light years from FSX default textures. WOW the landscape

Stratospheric shots John, I almost can feel the temperature!!

My card is ready, three, two, one...

Regards

from Seville, Spain

WOW  :o I don't know how you guys do it but I'm certainly glad you do what you do  :) Looking forward to doing some flights up the middle of this great country.

Once again well done and can say I will buy pretty much everything you guys bring out.

Cheers,

Chris

I have no words.

You must get a real buzz when you fire up the sim and have a first look at how stuff like this turns out.

Indeed we do. Waiting for the very first loading screen, time seems to stand still. Matt and I were cruising around the Olgas yesterday; I quickly adjusted some scrub annotation and tried some new trees and loaded it up again - before we knew it we'd spent an hour just gawking and oohing and aahing - when in fact we should have been working on GREEN region stuff LOL!

But yeah, it's tremendously satifsying seeing our work come alive.

Archived