Fall City, is this for real? [Probable Mesh Spike]

rockliffe

Not sure where to put this one, mainly because I don't know whether it's some kind of radio mast or if it's a bug or some graphical anomoly. It would appear when you got within a few hundred yards and then disappear when you fly away from it! I would appreciated some information, cheers fellas. It's just NE of the airport by one or two miles...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sure, that's what I thought Bill. But there were none of the usual graphical spiking that you'd normally associate with GPU overload. It was really odd, mainly 'cos I could fly around it like a solid object, it got bigger as I got closer and smaller as I went further away. I think it may well end up being a case for Mulder and Scully 8)

Ive got that one too. its definitely a terrain mesh spike. it shows up every time I fly near it. Its the only one that ever shows up and it goes away when I fly away from the area.

I just wasnt sure if I was the only one. Sometimes those issues can be 'one of a kind installation' type things. (I dont remember seeing it on my previous installation)(but maybe I had different settings or something and just dont remember correctly)

I kinda like it. Its the tallest tree on the planet :)

This "object" appeared to me, again, after the latest downloads and install of the newest airports. I had to reinstall Fall City and the new library updates for it to disappear. It comes and goes.

I've adjusted the topic heading for housekeeping purposes.

The would seem to be a spike in "higher" LOD mesh. If this is the case, it will disappear when the lower LODs are loaded.

I assume you are all running 5m mesh settings, and 100% complexity. Would that be correct?

I've adjusted the topic heading for housekeeping purposes.

The would seem to be a spike in "higher" LOD mesh. If this is the case, it will disappear when the lower LODs are loaded.

I assume you are all running 5m mesh settings, and 100% complexity. Would that be correct?

yes.

Archived