Some feedback from those who use the FTX AU traffic pack please.

As you may know, Orbx do not actually create their own AI aircraft for the FTX AU traffic pack but use aircraft models from many third party freeware developers from all parts of the flight sim community. With Aardvark now coming on board, (They will be included in the next FTX AU Traffic update) we will have contributions from just about every AI model developer around. One notable exception is the HTAI Cessnas which are payware. Henry Tomkiewicz has kindly allowed us to use all his freeware models but has drawn the line with any of his payware models. That means that any C152, C172, C182 and C206 aircraft are represented within the FTX traffic pack using the freeware C177 model.

I have been looking at the possibility of including a sub-section within the FTX AU Traffic pack to enable the user to disable the incorrect C177 variants and use the correct Cessna model where they have purchased and installed the HTAI Payware Cessna pack. The HTAI Cessna package has some 140 model variants and costs a little under $US10 to purchase so is certainly good value for the money. I haven't quite got the mechanics of the install process completely defined yet but believe it will be quite workable albeit with a little manual work by the user.

What i really need is some feedback from the FTX AU Traffic user base to see if there would be any interest in this option within the pack. I have literally 100's of accurate repaints for these HTAI models so can promise you a great simming experience if we go down this path.

Let me know your thoughts please.

Graham,

I use FTX AU Traffic and think region appropriate AI aircraft really adds to the sim experience. ^-^

I honestly hadn't worried about if the flight schedules where accurate or if the AI aircraft were perfect.

I'm in the US, so I don't know what airlines are really flying where in Oz, or what GA aircraft live where. I just thought it was great to see Qantas, Star, and Air NZ aircraft flying around.

I also don't usually fly close enough to AI aircraft to appreciate how accurate they are.

Seeing military AI at appropriate fields would be cool, like a RAAF F-18s coming in for the break. But I'm not too concerned if they have the right codes on their tails.

I hadn't even heard of the HTAI Cessna package until I saw your post. I think I'd rather spend $ on Orbx airports instead of having the correct model of AI Cessna. Just me though.

Cheers,

Matt

Hi Graham,

I must admit that I lean towards Matt's point of view though I appreciate the excellent work that has been done to date with GA aircraft. For myself I would like to see more GA aircraft in the US/Canada regions. Not asking much but I live in hope.

What are the HTAI models' performance like, Graham? I don't run any AI because the poor performance and visuals of the PAI models in FTX traffic just isn't worth it to me. AIA models look and perform great, so I'll definitely check out the next update. If the HTAI models look good and perform well I'd be happy to fork over a measly $10 to get better GA traffic.

And thank you to you and your team for all the hard work.

Cheers,

Mike

I really enjoy having the FTX AU traffic pack installed, and as I mostly do GA style of flying, I get to tour around even the larger airports, looking for the parking areas, so I get to see quite a few of them. I quite often just switch off (the aircraft then myself) and watch these little gems come and go.

So, I would like to see these "other" Cessna models come and go. Could you post a link to where we can purchase the HTAI pack?

Thanks Graham.

I can happily live without any change to the Cessna AI , Love your traffic , I have it and OZx

military traffic and only fly with AI at 100% , it's fantastic .

I would prefer the effort directed to a AI Traffic package for the new FTX GB/UK scenery

currently under development , I have begun collecting Air bases and Airport scenery in

preparation for the UK release , at the moment nothing shows on the radar in UK except at a few

recently loaded air bases.

Cheers

Karol

What i really need is some feedback from the FTX AU Traffic user base to see if there would be any interest in this option within the pack. I have literally 100's of accurate repaints for these HTAI models so can promise you a great simming experience if we go down this path.

Let me know your thoughts please.

Count me in Graham.

I have the HTAI payware models so the option would be great to have.

Could you post a link to where we can purchase the HTAI pack?

Here is the HTAI site: http://htai-models.com/

The payware Cessna: http://htai-models.com/projects.html

Payware Cessna preview: http://htai-models.c...views-csep.html

Free HTAI models Cessna, bizjets, military, etc. http://htai-models.com/downloads.html

Just installed it and am having a blast with all the traffic. i have TrafficX installed but it doesn't really get any real GA stuff moving. So I disabled Oceania and now I have a mess of the wee ones potting around.

With all the time I spend in this part of the world, I was wondering if anyone ever created a set of Aussie pilot voices to heighten the immersion factors? Us Yanks sound so out of place on the radio.

If there was a P3D version i would be there for sure :)

But i don't know if we would be allowed to use the free and payware version in P3D.

Still its a great idea and a way to get more birds in the sky :)

Archived