Sir, I have something on the Radio for you

takamba

What a great set - Really enjoyed it all ...- just got me this fantastic plane recently so I could not spend that much time with it yet - but on my way to do so - and indeed:

The crew-communication/interaction is a real fantastic thing (at least as far as I can say by now) ... I did not tune the radios to much yet though ... but all at it's time - can't wait for it!

And until then I enjoy Your great set of pictures here!

Thank You very much for sharing!

A2A did a great job with this plane.

This plane is alive like no other one.

The crew communications are really fantastic.

One crew member during the last flight:

"Sir, I dressed so fast I put the wrong shoe on the wrong foot."

;D

Well, the B-17 with the Accu-Sim Pack definitely need some work to fly.

The engine start procedure is very well done and allways a challange.

If you want to control everything (Throttle, Manifold Pressure, Cowl-Flaps, Intercooler, RPM, etc) by yourself, it is a full time job.

There is not much time left to enjoy the beautiful ORBX-Scenery.

But you can get some help of your crew members to make flying this plane easier.

You can advise your first officier to work the cowl flaps, RPM and Intercooler.

Then you can enjoy the flight and listen to some old jazz music which the navigator receives with his radios.

There is an autostart button available if you dont like to start the plane by yourself.

Due to its size the B-17G needs some bigger airports to land and the ground handling is a little tricky because the tail wheel is not steerable with the rudder.

I like this plane because it is alive. The crew member talk to you if something is wrong or even if the want you to heat up the cabin.

Great series, takamba! I particularly like #2!

@davepdx ... as others have said - there are easy options you can use to start with. Apart from RTFM, I found the best thing to do was to watch what the co-pilot did. If you're in control and things go haywire, just pass it over to him for a while and he'll sort you out!

It's a *hugely* enjoyable add-on in so many ways ... just get it!

Archived