What's the fsx.cfg_Orbx_Backup.cfg ?

wolfko

I have found this fsx.cfg_Orbx_Backup.cfg in the user/user name/app data/roaming/microsoft/FSX folder just beside my "ordinary" fsx.cfg.

it says "Date modified 21.02.2012 18:59" I think that was when I installed the FTX AU AI programme yesterday. Does this programme create its very own fsx.cfg and makes a backup of the old one?

Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

I'm not positive but believe that the AI installer inserts the reference to an additional folder in the [Main] section of the cfg file, one of those "SimObjectPaths.x" lines. The idea is to keep all ORBX AI in a separate folder and not clutter up the general "Simobjects\Airplanes\" folder.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

Many thanks for our prompt replyI have checked the main sections in both cfg.files - they are both completely identical and I haven't seen a reference to an additional folder. Also in the trusted section, where there are some orbx entries I could not spot any difference. In fact I could not see any difference in any section.

But that's really not that important - I was just curious.

Cheers, Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

interesting, in that case I don't know why that backup was created. However, if you want to run a direct comparison of both cfg file versions I recommend using ExamDiff, a very handy freeware tool that highlights any differences in a pair of text files: http://www.prestosoft.com/edp_examdiff.asp

Cheers, Holger

Archived