CRM - the best airfields?

kiki

I´ve had CRM now for some time but haven´t been there much. Because I don´t know that are at all (in real life either), would you kindly which are the best places and airports to visit. I like to depart from the airport I landed last time. But where should I start to explore CRM with Beech Bonanza A36 or C185?

I too would be interested in what people have to say about this area.

I have already flown around the yellowstone area....pull up the Google Map for that area, and look there. Don't know the code off the top of my head...but it is a nice area...just head south.

Other than that, I am lost as to where to explore next.....seems like a nice area...but it is pretty big, and don't know where to start in my Commander 114.

This is a very good package from Orby. There are several good areas, Casade U70 is a good one for a start and Jacksons Hole is another. All you have to remember is that a lot of these airports have a high elevation, so you must take that into consideration when landing. You will be landing at some with an elevation of 5000' or more.

Another is Atomic City, from there you can explore the Buttes, Southern Big, Middle and small Butte and fly onto Craters of the moon national park..

WilliamJSS as the best idea. Google earth and fly..

Just pick one and go and explore; remember it's all good fun, so enjoy..

PS. I have just put screenies on in the screenshot section today called "North American Orbx". That started from Cascade U70..

Try these:

Fall City to KELN through the mountains (follow the highway) and then on to KPSC and from there you can go east to KALW ( i think it is) and then north to Spokanne and from Spokanne, fly the highway first south and then east again as far as you want.

another route is to fly to KPSC and then fly east following the river to the split and then follow the river south and all the way back around to Portland and out to KAST and then north again to KHQM and then north to the point and around and back towards Diamond Point.

you can also start at KRBG Roseburg and head off over trhe mountains towards (a little airport I cant remember the nmae or ICAO of right now) but then you head towards Boise...actually its northwest of Boise...S47 or something and then go down to Boise and then to KSUN and then to Aberdeen and then north towards Jackson Hole. Theres an airport on the west side of those big mountains that you can fly into and then see if you can fly straight over the mountains to KJAC. I think I was in Ants Sierra. It'll make it.

just a few suggestions. I love CRM.

I like to start close to Boise, head out about 100 degrees oe so and make a large arc that ends up around Jackson Hole, WY, then due North thru the Tetons, maybe stop for coffee at the West Yosemite airport, then NE to Billings, then NW to Great Falls via Lewistown, then SSW to Helena then a little SSE to Bozeman then WNW to Butte the just follow the river on a NW couse then up the middle of Idaho to Coere d'Alene then straight West to Spokane. After an evening out, about daybreak head any directions west over the Rockies and end up at Harvey S43 for a mid afternoon snack. You may need NRM for part of the trip. You will most likely run into Lewis and Clark along the way.

Ray

Archived