SCAlaska Qs

marshkop

This is just a genaral inquiry about SCAlaska. The South Central Alaska region is being done halleluya. I have...some...questions to I guess Holger? You and Bill developed a little scenery called Tongas Fjiords, and I know I have miss quoted you sometimes(apologies), IMHO that was the best so far that you and Bill have done. In quality but moreso in quantity. TFj included 2 major airports, Sitka, Johnson Petersburg, 7 listed seaplane bases, 7 listed airfields, 17 listed photoreal locations with custom objects, light houses, logging camps, mines, watermasks for most areas,80,000kms of custom texures, landclass, day night, all seasons...andonandonandon. Absolutilly amazing. Is this the quality and quantity to expect? Bill are you going to be involed? as you were the one responsible for custom objects, which were gorgeous, With Holgers blending of the water masks and the custom textures and photoreal textures and Bills custom object design added with talented people you all work with now, I would expect a monstrously horendously beutiful scenery package. Keep up all the great work guys. No mater what you guys do, it will be great. :)

Hi there,

I'm still proud of what we achieved with Tongass Fjords several years ago but it also was the project that almost ended my career as an FS developer because it was way too ambitious in terms of effort vs. return. While it has sold reasonably well (less so than PFJ though!) I don't think anyone involved with the project ever made a decent hourly wage off it.

South Central Alaska (SAK) will be an ORBX region with the typical ORBX feature set, including full custom seasonal textures and autogen, local photoreal areas, 250+ enhanced airfields and seaplane bases, etc. Also, with >500,000 sq km it's six times the coverage size of Tongass Fjords.

Bill Womack isn't going to be directly involved with SAK but has expressed interest in developing add-on airports for the region.

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

I'm still proud of what we achieved with Tongass Fjords several years ago but it also was the project that almost ended my career as an FS developer because it was way too ambitious in terms of effort vs. return. While it has sold reasonably well (less so than PFJ though!) I don't think anyone involved with the project ever made a decent hourly wage off it.

South Central Alaska (SAK) will be an ORBX region with the typical ORBX feature set, including full custom seasonal textures and autogen, local photoreal areas, 250+ enhanced airfields and seaplane bases, etc. Also, with >500,000 sq km it's six times the coverage size of Tongass Fjords.

Bill Womack isn't going to be directly involved with SAK but has expressed interest in developing add-on airports for the region.

Cheers, Holger

Will there be anything special in this package? ie; logging camps, fishing and hunting cabins, campgrounds...? That's one of the things that made Tongass Fjords so cool is that you added so much more to explore. :D Please Holger make it a little more that the status quo. Mabey one of your famous waterfalls or two. :D :D And you still should be proud of TFj, no one in the FSX world has come close to it yet for what you get. 8) I'm starting to think that there will never be another scenery package like it again. Sad. :-[ I also remember the discusion over there...the TF forum, and was very dishartend. When you found a new home here I was very happy cause I knew what you were going to bring to the table. Anyway I'm glad you never gave up man. Keep on Keeping on O0 man.

The FTX area packs do not include custom buildings (exept at airports) but only autogen buildings. And if I understand it correctly for autogen buildings a scenery deceloper has to take what MS provides, I do not think that there is something like custom autogen buildings. I hope I was wrong though?

Wolfgang

Archived