YPLC Port Lincoln - beta shots

Ron Tape, the man who brought you the brilliant Thistle Island, has been hard at work on porting Steven Royals' Port Lincoln airport into the FTX-verse for Orbx. However, not just a simple port, Ron in his usual style has also integrated about 30km sq of photoreal scenery including the peninsula south of the airport. No release timeframe yet, but should not be too long a wait for this little beauty.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looking great.

I love your shots John, un-edited and really shows what it will look like when we install it, not fancy with all the eye candy to disappoint us.

Perhaps you can ask your team to do the same when posting previews?

Thanks

Rob

Ta Rob, I'm not a big fan of edited shots to promote products, except when the author knows how to use his editing skills to best effect. I think most of the team only use sharpen, brightness and contrast for our official shots. If you can point me in the direction of any over-edited Orbx promo shots I'll have a squiz ok?

As for me, I don't even sharpen my reduced sized shots these days (maybe one shot out of ten), since the details are just fine using bicubic resizing anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived