VLC Woodbourne/Omaka compatibility with FTX NZSI

Adam Banks

I'm not entirely sure that this is related to VLC, as I get the problem with all Godzone and VLC turned off:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks like an elevation problem (same at Omaka, nearby). I've tried every combination of VLC/Godzone re-ordered or disabled and get pretty well the same result each time.

Other than that, I'm finding NZSI+VLC living together reasonably well - but I've not "done the rounds" yet (early days)! I'm certainly enjoying the FTX "makeover" on a lot of the smaller South Island airfields.

Thanks to Robin (Corn) and Tim Barnes for pointing me in the right direction. I should have checked world/scenery first, before posting - I've been simming for too long to have forgotten that basic trick!

The two files (quite predictably) are:

AF2_NZOM.bgl

AF2_NZWB.bgl

I was going to write a batch file to enable/disable these two little blighters ... does anyone at ORBX have a boilerplate type script that I could amend? I'm not too sure how to pick up the user's FSX install path. I could hard code it of course ...

So ... I have NZWB and NZOM working now (thanks!) ... very nice too ... except that I too suffer the missing runways at NZOM (reported elsewhere).

Hi Adam,

We won't be providing any tools or scripts to disable other 3rd party airports or scenery. We have produced two simple how-to guides here and we'll leave it at that now, since the method for detecting other conflicting files will be similar for the many other sceneries already produced for NZ. If the developers of any non-Orbx scenery wish to offer tips or guides on how to make them compatible with Orbx FTX NZSI, then we will leave it up to them to do so on their own forums or support mechanisms.

We will be publishing a compatibility guide for VLC which Holger is working on now, but no more airport guides.

Archived