AU GREEN - Darwin and Top End

Guest victor

have you got any pics of the red earth that is encountered in these areas ie all through FNQ and all thru the gulf region and darwin?

shots 4 and 7 look spot on to what it looks like year round

have you got any pics of the red earth that is encountered in these areas ie all through FNQ and all thru the gulf region and darwin?

shots 4 and 7 look spot on to what it looks like year round

You mean like these shots Martin Lott took? (sorry about the low resolution, that's the res Marty uploaded them at).

These are around Kununurra.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest victor

ta,, i honestly think this pack will be your biggest hurdle as most of northern Australia has such a vast range of colours, i spend my year with both my jobs covering a arc from port headland across to mackay by foot, by air, by boat and have to admit no region looks similar unlike southern Australia.during the wet season up nth the biggest urban myth that comes from down south is that its  lush and green everywhere, honestly only the rainforests and residential areas have the largest change in colour while the rest of the terrain remains slightly unchanged, and the lush tropical rainforests aren't the majority of the vegetation that populates northern Australia, unlike a large number of Australians think. for example as weipa was mentioned earlier thats one red place except the golf course and thats what it is like all the way up to cape york

the reasons behind why most of the northern vegetation remains unchanged is based on the red earth and other soils that are prominent up north as they drain very well and even the red clay we have up here does the same, it allows water to run and allows it to disperse rapidly, hence why sometimes during the wet season it can bucket down for a a few hours and within a hour or 2 later its dry again,  and doesn't look likes its rained at all,  this is all so helped with the temp but drainage plays a very large factor hence why the low lands flood quite rapidly during the wet season (oct-mar). those docos you see on dry and wet seasons like in africa where it goes from yellow to bright green doesnt happen up north here. sometimes the wet season isnt really a wet season.

i do stick to my earlier comments as this will be to hardest pack to replicate a realistic environment including the landclass, but if you do manage to pull it off this will be your great feat thus far.

all the best of luck to you

i do stick to my earlier comments as this will be to hardest pack to replicate a realistic environment including the landclass, but if you do manage to pull it off this will be your great feat thus far.

If anyone is up to the challenge, it's certainly the ORBX crew!

Looking really good!  Is that Weipa in 2nd shot?  Also, does the coverage extend up to the islands just north of Cape York (Thursday, Horn etc)?

Hi, no it's not Weipa. Those pics are all Northern Territory. Yes, the islands north of Cape York are done.

Hurry up I'm waiting. Does it have Katherine too???????

Hi, yes, Katherine has been done.

Hi guys, just wondering if Lake Argyle and the Ord River will be covered in any detail in this release including the Ord River Dam.

The screenies you have released so far look just magnificent.

Cheers and thanks,

Hi guys, just wondering if Lake Argyle and the Ord River will be covered in any detail in this release including the Ord River Dam.

The screenies you have released so far look just magnificent.

Cheers and thanks,

Hi, I'm doing the landclass around Lake Argyle, but I can't answer as to whether the dam will be included.

Guest victor

the greens still appear still too green and bright but you guys are slowly getting there

this is just a few minutes out of Katherine during the wet season

Posted Image

Thanks John for compliments. :)

Jon, I'm using Google Earth satellite maps for the landclass work. Now that the landclass for Katherine is finished I'm going in and doing finer detailed poly work starting with removing the farm land that is just below the heli in the pic, as you requested.

Bicentenial Drive is included, with moving traffic no less, along with every major and minor road thanks to the work by Holger Sandmann.

Archived