AU GREEN Scrub and waterholes

Just a few shots showing one of the wet/dry seasonal effects being implemented in AU GREEN. These two shots show the scrub and waterholes found in the QLD gulf country; firstly in the dry season, then in the wet season at the same location. As we work to implement the autogen and further landclass work over the coming weeks we will be posting many more shots.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Superb, I love what you have done with the edges...  A pity we can't have those with other waterways...

Brilliant as usual, thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Spectacular stuff. Yeah, the lakes around the Perth CBD (eg Forrestdale) would look absolutely real if given that treatment. Possible hotfix down the track fellas? ;D

Looks great. The dry waterholes remind me of sphincters.

Hahaha! When not flying in FSX/FTX I'm a gastroenterologist. I don't think I can recall seeing any sphincters that look like that!

Wonderful work again, Orbx - can hardly wait

Looks great. The dry waterholes remind me of sphincters.

Hahaha! When not flying in FSX/FTX I'm a gastroenterologist. I don't think I can recall seeing any sphincters that look like that!

Wonderful work again, Orbx - can hardly wait

Maybe they look like that from the other side  :D  :D  :D

Cheers,

I'm drooling at the thought of what could be done to the look of the Murray, the Darling and many other inland rivers with edges like that!

I have 20 year old memories of flying over the Darling at 500 feet. Doing so even with AU Blue when I first got it was a little disappointing. I hope it can be patched up with this sort of technology one day!

I Wirraway.

Unfortunately, the technology in FS doesn't give us the scope to make really detailed river bank edges that blend into the landclass. The water holes you see here are landclass textures/images confined to 1km areas, rather than long expansive areas such as rivers. It really takes long and painstaking manual work to give some detail to shore lines and river banks. Rossco's done a great jobs with much of the country, but there's always omissions :(

Well you guys have certainly set the benchmark where this kind of innovation is concerned, and I would like to think that all the simmers of Oz are exteremely appreciative of that fact.

One question though, what is the transition between dry and wet and back going to be like especially in terms of some interim water level when the land starts to dry out.  I guess within the limitations of FSX and there being only 4 seasons modelled this is not going to be possible.  I suppose somewhat like reality we will wake in the morning to see the waterhole filled after a heavy tropical thunderstorm overnight  ;D 

Anyhow, thanks again for all your efforts, they are very much appreciated.

Hi Chris.

Once again we are prisoners of the technology. Not much sope for transition, but that suits areas with such seasonal contrasts. In this case it's all in the seasons, which means that just like real life in the 'north' one day you wake up and the place is water logged :)

... which means that just like real life in the 'north' one day you wake up and the place is water logged :)

Thanks Matt, I thought that to be the case...  I know what you mean re: the monsoons, I once lived near a small place (not in Oz) that had an average annual rainfall of in excess of 400"...  Man was that wet ;D

Archived