Just ordered an additional system...

Jay Kae

Power Supply: 1 x ThermalTake 1500W Toughpower Power Supply, 14cm Fan - Modular

Motherboard: 1 x D5400XS

2x LGA771, Intel 5400 Express, 1600 FSB, 4x FBDIMM DDR2-800, 4x PCI-Ex16, 4x SATA-II, 2x eSATA, GigLAN, 8Chl, Firewire, EATX

CPU: 2 x Core 2 Extreme QX9775 Quad Core (3.2GHz) - LGA771, 1600 FSB, 12MB L2 Cache, 45nm, 150W

For Intel Desktop Board DX5400 only

Memory - RAM: 4 x 4096MB PC2-5300 667MHz Fully Buffered ECC DDR2 RAM - CL5

Hard Drives - Internal: 1 x 1000GB 7200rpm Serial ATA-II-300 HDD

Hard Drives - Internal: 3 x Western Digital 300GB 10,000rpm Serial ATA-II-300 w. 16MB Cache (WD3000GLFS) Velociraptor

CD/DVD/Floppy Drive: 2 x Pioneer Blu-Ray Writer

- Read Blu-Ray, CD`s & DVD`s

- Write Blu-Ray, CD`s & DVD`s

Video Card: 2 x Gigabyte Radeon HD 4870X2 - 2GB DDR5

512-bit, 2x DVI, HDTV - PCI-Ex16 v2.0

Sound Card: 1 x Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1 Soundcard

Delivery time 4 weeks :)

There's evidence enough about that he works hard for his money MK. My comment was just a shocked exclamation ... nothing meant by it. Maybe a  :o after it would have helped :)

Is that for flight simming JayKae, or some other purpose?

It is for FSX with FTX dedicated, all parts were ordered via reps that I know (one of course being Intel ) Now the reason that it is a new dedicated additional system is because I have grown tired of having to install and reinstall due to the many beta's that I run on the other system, so with this alongside I can just fly when I want and not having to worry about a beta spoiling my fun :) Thanks for the congrats boys!

Crackers! you could run FSX, Seti, videos and music all that the same time and that system wouldn't break a sweat. When we get FSXI and presuming it would have a proper implementation of parallel processing you'd probably get 100fps with everything to the right.

That's before OC'ing.

Love your new rig!

Thanks guys and yes, it is 16GB RAM, now also I will be running Vista Ultimate 64 on it (because I have to to take advantage of all that nice hardware) under protest lol

Once I get it I will take a screenshot or two with some FPS over YMML for yas

*grins*

not to rain on the parade JK, but I read somewhere once about abysmal performance with FSX on dual CPU mobos .... i will see if I can find the link....

But if it proves wrong ... holy sh*t that is one beast of a machine ...100FPS over YMML ?? .. I am sure ;D

I know Gurdy, I have read that myself somewhere but hey, one can only but try :)

Well I cannot find it .. might have been in one of the Computer Pilot issues ... Also I guess drivers have matured since that was written.. so I wish you best of luck, and when it works.. make sure loads of sceenies coz I am sure FSX/FTX and YMML will look AWESOME!!!  ;D

• 11 months later...

WOW ! I would like to volunteer to accept one of those, or even something in the ballpark, top row, bleeder seats even, when it's time to get something bigger - better and faster. I ensure you that it will be properly placed immediately under my desk and given life for at least another 2 years.  ::)

Archived