Error ai_player at Skagit

Handie

Hello,

I noticed something strange at Skagit.

Every time I'm going here to make a flight, then I notice in the event viewer there are an error with ai_player.dll which corresponds to the closing time of FSX.

But I do not have FSX crash during flight or at the close of FSX.

I have just a few freezes at the beginning of flight during takeoff.

Do you have that also or do you have any idea why this error with ai_player.dll?

Regards.

Nadine.

Hi,

We had an issue a while ago with PNW-region version of Seattle KSEA and the 'ai_player.dll' crash, this was resolved with one of the PNW Servicepacks

I would suggest trying a few flights with and without Shade to make completely sure it is or isn't the problem, and we can go from there

Cheers

Tim

Hello Tim,

Yes, for now the problem is too uncertain to know where he can come.

I will test more extensively in different places.

It's just appeared with the installation of Skagit.

For Shade, I had already installed before this and it did not cause any errors.

You can delete the topic, I'll post again when I have more reliable and accurate information.

Regards.

Nadine.

ai_player.dll error is one of those errors that is impossible to track down and the cause of it is most likely a hardware/operating system configuration error and its a real minority of people that will have the issue.

I get the issue at KSEA and EGKK.

The crash is triggered by ai aircraft using jetways ( on some occasions the airport is double loaded by fsx and this can cause the same issue ) but that is not the main cause of the crash. I have been looking for a fix for ages but i have not had much luck as it is such a rare issue.

I have the problem too after each shutdown of FSX. I have tried with/without Shade and disabling all traffic both internally and in FTX Central. Same result every time: FSX crash after shutdown caused by ai_player.dll.

I have NEVER seen this crash before I installed the new Skagit ?? Just a few thoughts on the subject here.

I have this happening only at KBVS & KCMW. This is the "Problem Details" display that I get:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61472.0

Application Timestamp: 475e17d3

Fault Module Name: ai_player.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.61472.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 475e180c

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000364f9

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Hello ;)

I refer to my first post after testing further.

I find the error ai_player.dll in Event Viewer, at the closure of FSX, whenever I fly in North America, without that causing a crash of FSX.

On Autralia or Default FSX, I have never this error.

This error occurred with the installation of Skagit and no change in my various settings could not make it disappear.

Nadine.

PS : Excuse my bad English.

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone,

I recently started to get this error at KBVS and KORS with all current patches and object files.. renameing ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_Seattle-Tacoma_Intl.BGL to *.old did the trick so far.. I thought this was fixed in a sevice pack?

Did not try anywhere else as renaming the KSEA file solved the issue (cept for losing some of Ksea)

Please inform as to how I can fix this issue?

yeah this was fixed in sp4a for PNW but it looks like the crash is back with sp5 :(

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Version: 10.0.61637.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 46fadb57

Exception Offset: 00037489

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 2057

yeah this was fixed in sp4a for PNW but it looks like the crash is back with sp5 :(

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Version: 10.0.61637.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 46fadb57

Exception Offset: 00037489

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 2057

Funny enough, I didnt even know about this crash, cause I always had all AIRLINE traffic OFF.. just decided to put some on today.. and bingo CRASH. I thought it was a number of things that I did the night before, and went nuts all night trying to figure out the issue. Did not think for an instant that it was due to me putting airline traffic up.

At least its confirmed . Thank you!

Hi guys,

bummer, looks like further changes to KSEA for PNW SP5 invalidated the previous fixes. :-[

As a quick fix I've attached the SP4a version of KSEA; please replace the existing file in \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery (the other KSEA file with the _CVX suffix isn't involved).

Cheers, Holger

PNW_SP4a_KSEA.zip

Thanks Holger, it works fine now for me with that version of KSEA :)

i even think it looks like i get a little more fps with that version when flying around KSEA in the stock 206B JetRanger

Paul

• 10 months later...

Hello,

Just a quick question almost a year later, sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere (continue searching the forum): if I've just purchased PNW recently (it looked like it installed at the .005 Patch level with the original 4GB file), do I need to implement the 4a patch to clean things up around KSEA? I've applied the .005 patch after installing 2S1 Freeware in an attempt to see if that changes things, but have noticed this thread and wondered whether this issue is still present, with PNW still at version .005?

Thanks!

Steven

• 2 weeks later...

Archived