NR...download time

bailout3

Just a quick question...well maybe 2. I purchased the DL version of PNW & it took over 2 hours on a reasonably fast system. That scared me in to thinking next time I would buy the dvd & wait for the delivery...but I hate waiting. Now that there is a new delivery system how long can I expect the DL to take when there is a city near mine in Canada that will be sending it to me?

Second question...Everyone raves about the PNW including me...will I be disappointed in NR? I would like this scenery especially since then I could do a CYVR to CYYC flight & have all the same great scenery.

Thanks.in advance.

Ive done a few flights from cyyc to cyvr and other airports and the scenery is great all the way, cyyc is close to the edge of nrm you you might see where it ends and default fsx starts but im sure Orbx will move that way soon to help us hide the fsx desert :)

As for the download version, some times its best to leave it over night if you are worried about it being slow at times or start the download and go flying for an hour or two in flight sim. Although im in the UK i have not had any issues with download speed from flightsimstore and they have always been very quick for the speed of my internet.

I use Internet Download Manager but even then a download like PNW or NRM I usually have to let the download run overnight. Although I have ADSL 2+ I only get a maximum d/l speed of 205k/s at best. It mostly runs at about 150kb/s. This is, I'm told, because I live3.9 km from my telephone exchange. At times when there have been problems with my phone line I have used pre-paid wireless broadband but at $50 for 3GB not economical.

Wolter, download resumption depends on whether the site allows resume. ORBX, flightsim.com and avsim and a majority of sites allow it but there are some sites that ban it completely which can be a pain in the butt at times as some downloads prevent you from multi-tasking by hogging resources.

Cheers

Pat

Archived