Almost 3D?

Tailgunner

Posted Image

I'm astonished at how effective 'Shade' can be in adding another dimension to screenshots. This one, taken near Vancouver, used Shade 1.1 Default, no tweaks, straight out of the box. IMHO, that depth of background is extraordinary, almost verging on 3D.

As i see more and more shots with Shade emerging i'm more tempted to get it and fly again. One drawback i have seen though is that the cockpitshots i have seen come out very dark. Even so dark the instruments aren't readable anymore. Maybe that's solved in the new version or can you tone the effect down a little? Can someone shine a light on that for me, thanks in advance.

As i see more and more shots with Shade emerging i'm more tempted to get it and fly again. One drawback i have seen though is that the cockpitshots i have seen come out very dark. Even so dark the instruments aren't readable anymore.

I have Shade Wouter and that is a big issue for me.

It ( the issue of darkened instruments and cockpit ) is only something that I have just come across. A cracking shot from Tailgunner for sure but the issue with the darkened instruments and cockpit are what's holding me back from getting Shade. Could someone let me know if and when this issue is resolved

Guest J van E

That issue hasn't been resolved yet and I doubt if it ever will be without rewriting the entire FSX shading code (or whatever). In FSX shadows are used all over the place so when you change them, you change them everywhere. A lot of people are using Marks final preset but that one more or less reduces the effect of Shade so much that you might as well don't use it at all, except around sunrise and sunset... Although some VC's do get very dark indeed, my main problem is with the clouds getting too dark too. All in all Shade is nice but not the 'major step forward' nor a MUST HAVE like ENB is (imho). For instance, the screenshot is nice and all, but it's not 3D to me mainly because I miss ENB and the (idea of) light it gives. There is no light (and no contrast nor brightness) in that screenshot and so to me it looks very flat indeed... (unless I turn on Dynamic contrast on my monitor).

Archived