Landing at KYKM

oldpropfan

Nice shots. Wouldn't mind trying out trying out this plane myself but can't recognise it! Looks like a Soviet/Russian airframe but I am most likely to be completely off - wild guess.

Looks like a BAC 1-11 to me? I may just have to get this one if there is a RAAF 34 Squadron paint for it?

Timmy....

p.s. Fantastic shots.

Thank you everyone, glad you liked the shots. Timmy has it right, the plane is a BAC 1-11-200, from Dave Maltby. This plane and some other nice ones are available at: http://www.dmflightsim.co.uk/ . Not FSX native but everything works and it's not too hard on frame rates.

This quote from Dave's site (regarding the 1-11-475) has given me some ideas for a little mis-adventure but I'm still working on how short a short takeoff is:

With a very high power to weight ratio and a specially designed low pressure undercarriage, it was designed to operate from airports with shorter and lower strength runways. It could even operate from grass strips .

Now that sounds like some fun in the making :ph34r: .

Al

Looks like a BAC 1-11 to me? I may just have to get this one if there is a RAAF 34 Squadron paint for it?

Timmy....

p.s. Fantastic shots.

Yeah it was a wild guess - don't know why I figured it looked like something that may have come out of the Ilyshuin design bureau

Glad you like the plane Howard, the designers deserve all the thanks though. There are some flying tips in the \DMFS Shared Files\BAC 1-11 Documentation\ folder if you haven't already found them and also read the 7 pages at this link: http://www.dmflightsim.co.uk/flying_the_1-11_1.htm

After that it's all practice, she's a nice plane for those short haul jumps.

Archived