full size complete 737 sim.

e8400 clocked to 3.7

4 gig super dooper ram

xp

640mb 8800.

o and o defrag

registry mechanic

love the new ymml.

it is on the same podium as flightzone2....high praise.

as the scenery is before its time, it can be a little piggy on our machines.

i got rid of my landside trees and cars and vince and gino and maria walking around "waidin' for da plane ta land mayte".

i installed the rex package.

hey presto!!!!...solid 50 frames. (locked at 51) .......felt funny having it at unlimited ???

a beautiful airport to fly my full size simulator into up here in queensland.

rex have done a marvellous job at recreating the original runway/taxi textures

bring on ybbn....and keep rex on board!!!!

(not on my home pc...dunno me order number thingy at the moment, sorry)

(if you have a wolfdale cpu do yourself a favour and buy a fifty dollar fan and overclock it as far as it will go. cpu speed runs fsx, 4 slow cores not gunna help here. :)...god im cheeky)

thanks orbicks!

he he..thought there would be sceptics. no probs guys. screenies coming... and some simulator shots.

its only fifty cause i have limited it to fifty. it would be higher if set to unlimited.

i was struggling big time aswell. 5-9-22-15-5-5 frames when set to unlimited before i used the rex thingy.

i would also consider setting your textures to 1meter. it looks the same (unless you are in a robinson inspecting ymmls every blade of grass...... and if you want 15cm textures and blades of grass.....dont you think you will only get 5 frames? :D

i was worried the rex pack would make my runways look like default. but they seem a good copy of the google earth ones.

we descend in vnav and usually hand fly the approach heads down looking at the cdu and nav/pfd.

so...basically....we drop out the sky and land...we see an airport in the distance, then a runway looms up and then some taxiways.

we dont get to see much (so we dont need to see much..... ie 15cm textures)

but we do need some beautiful buildings when taxiing.

and it appears that the actual airport buildings have next to no hit on frames.

without frames our cockpit is not flyable or realsitic.

so we have found our sweet spot of awesome 1m countryside, and an unbelievably clear, acurate and realistic airport to taxi around and the ultra high frames. so really.....we chipped away the heavy stuff away leaving just the airport to enjoy.

surely everyone else is doing this?

one thing i would like to know is how to get those giant gum trees at other airports?

please include your YMML order number in your signature  ;)

Bernt, please leave those requests for Orbx staff ... we don't need vigilantes on our forums :)

He's not requesting support, therefore he does not need to be queried regarding his copy of YMML.

Okay okay John, I'll promise. I couldn't resist because I was wondering, just because this thread was not negative, that these numbers aren't required. Makes sense now, sorry.

------

The FPS indicator is a proof for what? Even with MS paint you can change those numbers on a screenshot....

Regards

Okay okay John, I'll promise. I couldn't resist because I was wondering, just because this thread was not negative, that these numbers aren't required. Makes sense now, sorry.

------

The FPS indicator is a proof for what? Even with MS paint you can change those numbers on a screenshot....

Regards

Don't push your luck Herr Stolle

Ok guys, enough is enough. I am growing really tired, really quickly of this constant discussion about performance. Of all the copies we have sold, less than 1% of customers are reporting any sort of performance issues. Those who are, are creating 90% of support forum post traffic between them. If you spent less time on the forums, and more time just using FSX without the SHIFT-Z red text active, you'd have less stress and live longer.

If you persist in continual remarks about performance regardless of whether customers are requesting support, we may need to review your access rights. Orbx puts the customer first, but there is a tolerance level that is fast being tested. We are certainly working behind the scenes to get more performance out of YMML - surely you don't think we have not listened to your issues?  Please, just give us some time to work through our optimisation strategies and give other users on the forums the luxury to post in peace without have demands of proof placed on them.

If Mango posts shots on similar hardware to yours and states he does not have any performance issues, then I am inclined to lean towards an environmental issue local to your PC rather than disbelief Mango, who is one of our most repected and trusted developers and testers, and whose opinion and evidence you need to believe and take notice off - not continue to demand instant answers and solutions to issues which are affecting a tiny minority of YMML users.

Wolter, I know that I'm not the first one you are threatening. At least in my case you are not doing it via PM.

John, I don't know why the ORBX staff takes all this personal immediately???

Neither did I call your video a useless comparison nor did I doubt Heikos FPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mango has a high performance PC and apparently he is also quite surprised about that 50FPS.

BTW, a screenshot with 16fps isn't exactly encouraging when looking at Mangos specs.

For me anything below 30 is not smooth. That's why I disabled almost every feature in the MEL setup.

AFAIK the problem with MEL I have is texture loading and not the fps.

I even mentioned that I do get 100+ fps with the default C208.

john, im not sure whether to follow up on screenshots etc and continue this thread or not?

either way ill do whatever helps out.

my setup proves that the airport can be operated out of nicely, (but its not in its pure form..so to speak).

it may all be academic after the patch.

???

geez....im a bit gun shy now.

hay guys!!!!!!....my 50+ frames is with rex and 1meter textures,, 25% ai, a few cumulonimbus, no cars, no boats, no giraffes, no bloom, water at 2 low.

you dont see much when flying the big stuff.

im bloody hopeless..and if i can do it????  ;D ;D

ymml order 9381.

I have just finished testing the newest build of the patch and my FPS over the main terminal has almost doubled, plus all texture loading issues are gone, and I have textures on FTX AI aircraft 100% of the time. I think you will like this patch ;)

Explanation: In the final week of development, something went wrong with our compile scripts for the textures, and instead of them all being forced to consistent resolution and DXT1, we had a combination of all sorts of resolutions and compression methods. I have fixed the compiler script and we now have consistent textures across the entire airport.

I take full blame for this boo-boo (must have been the 72 hours straight I was cramming for release), but I think you will all benefit from the patch which I hope to release tomorrow ok?

Thanks all for your patience. I will post this also in the patch announcement thread from earlier today.

Mango has a high performance PC and apparently he is also quite surprised about that 50FPS.

BTW, a screenshot with 16fps isn't exactly encouraging when looking at Mangos specs.

Oh well, i am GPU restricted with my 1920 (plus secondary monitor) resolution. My 280 GTX which was DOA will arrive soon - then we'll see the true numbers. I would say at a highly detailed airport with all bells and whistles enabled, with very high FSX settings except autogen and such amount of high quality traffic, 16 FPS isn't bad... Furthermore i was searching the most demanding spot for this pics. A little further down at the gates i have easy above 25. I installed already Johns patch and see a nice FPS improvement. YMML texture and terrain texture loading problems i never had.

And guys, keep the ball low...  ;)

Now Ive tweaked  my system like a sports car, the new patch will make things even sweeter !

Thanks John....

Lets hope the forums quieten up a little as far  as YMML goes.  ::) ::)

Now can we have some smiles from everybody! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D >:( >( 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8):( :( :( :( :(:o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SH*T.. I get tired of wading through some of the stuff some of these w*nkers write.. it's time you took a look at the USA and their "three strikes and you are out" Law John.. if you pull some of these posts by posters name you will see that most of what they write is negative.. let 'em go I say.. let's get back to the days of a great bunch of  folks enjoying their hobby. Teecee

SH*T.. I get tired of wading through some of the stuff some of these w*nkers write.. it's time you took a look at the USA and their "three strikes and you are out" Law John.. if you pull some of these posts by posters name you will see that most of what they write is negative.. let 'em go I say.. let's get back to the days of a great bunch of  folks enjoying their hobby. Teecee

hear hear TeeCee .. those wanting 100+ FPS coz its smoooooth.. i beleive I still have old copy of FS2000 at home I am not using :D

awesome news about the service pack John

after lots of tweaking I have Ymml running very smoothly, and I'm extremely happy as it is atm

now you have a patch :o, it can only get better ;D

It's not a service pack, but a "band-aid" quick fix patch meant only for lower-mid spec PCs. See here for more information: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=4597.0

SP1 will take some more time to be released, perhaps a month from now (edit: maybe longer). It will include many new models, objects and improvements across the board, plus performance tuning using a method that preserves the high resolution airside textures a lot better. Since this takes Marty and I some time to do, we're not going to rush SP1. We believe the image quality is the one thing that makes YMML stand out from the crowd, and we're going to preserve that at any cost.

Archived