737.. you guest it....

John Lovell

The ILS RWY 24 approach into Bowerman is a lot of fun! I've done it at least 10 times now in the NGX and hand flying the entire approach is challenging and rewarding (and usually provides better results than auto-land). When going over the hill a few miles out on approach in the NGX does anyone else get a terrain warning even when perfectly aligned with the glideslope? It seems to happen sometimes and seems to not happen sometimes even when in both cases i'm aligned with the glideslope.

Nice screenshots as well (i'm surprised you managed to find those main parking spots open :P).

Yeah, I so make you right.. the enjoyment of flying is to really do it yourself and feel the plane.. who's really in control.

And yes, a very close shave as you come over that hill with the trees there, so much my gear went down just as I cleared it

Thanks for your nice comment :)

Great shots!

I read somewhere while developing that the ILS approach on 24 had something unusual about it, something about a non-standard clearance, this must be it, because I was trying a few approaches and always found myself scraping over the hill, and err...putting the wheels down after... :)

The ILS RWY 24 approach into Bowerman is a lot of fun! I've done it at least 10 times now in the NGX and hand flying the entire approach is challenging and rewarding (and usually provides better results than auto-land).

I'd say since that airport is not CATIIIB equipped so a auto-land would be outta the question anyways. A easy look at the charts will provide that info. I know it FSX and still can be done but if replicating real world procedures this would not happen and hands on landing is the only way.

8)

Archived