I am very disapointed in orbx-fty

jmig

With the exception of some Australian airfields, I have faithfully purchased just about every thing the two companies have produced. I consider the scenery second to none. Today, however I am extremely disappointed in what I have received in my Central Rocky Mountain purchase. It is not the quality of the scenery of which I speak. No, it is the dismal quality of WHAT I received.

I gladly pay extra and wait longer for ftx products because I order them on CD. I do it, not because I can't or won't don't download the scenery. I do it because I hate having to go online and enter keys to install something for which I paid good money. It insults me, and when you have a hundred or more products to install and each one must be activated... well, let's just say it is a major PITA.

So I paid $5-$7 more and waited two weeks or more. What did I get. Crap! The two pictures below show what I mean. One shows several nice boxed versions of orbx and fty products. The plain white disk on the seat below is what I waited two weeks for and paid extra. AND it required me to enter my purchase number, date and key code. So why did I spend $5-$7 more and wait two weeks to enjoy the scenery? The second picture is a screen cut from the products page of this site showing what I should have and expected to receive.

John V has been know to seek out pirates. I can understand his feelings on having his hard worked ripped off. It hurts and angers you. Well, I currently feel ripped off by orbx-fty.

John

Posted Image

Posted Image

I ordered what I was given an option to order. Download or CD/download

<pre wrap="">The FlightSim Store------------------------------------------------------Order Number: 115161Detailed Invoice: https://www.flightsimstore.com//account_history_info.php?order_id=115161Date Ordered: Friday 03 June, 2011Products------------------------------------------------------1 x Orbx - FTX: NA Gold USA Central Rocky Mountains (Pre-Pay) (ORB-060) = AUD$42.75 Delivery Option Download with DVD-ROM (Digital Media Service)------------------------------------------------------Sub-Total: $42.75Total: $42.75</pre>

No, you do not understand what I am saying here , you ordered the download with DMS option and not the boxset. The boxset only came out for prepay at a later stage. You have the benefit at the moment of being able to use the software while the other people who have ordered the CRM boxset which is still in prepay still have to wait for their item

Alright, even though it was not our fault, I have now changed your order to reflect the prepay proper boxset to be sent out to you at no extra cost to you as a token of goodwill, next time around please be careful of what you order

Enjoy your purchase when it comes and by all means feel free to enjoy the software now that you have loaded it onto your system already :)

Was there anything else we can help you with today ?

As Jay has told you above, you clearly ordered the wrong thing. I can guarantee you that the product page you chose that DMS option from did *not* feature an image of the boxed DVD edition. Saying so implies that FSS and Orbx are liars and have deceived you, and that sir, we take offense at.

I suggest that next time you take a little more care and understand what it is you are ordering.

The CRM boxed DVDs have not even left the factory, and won't until Monday. You cannot express disappointment at supposedly receiving something which was not yet available.

I recall something similar happening before with the Pre-pay of an item where a customer thought because they paid early they were getting it early, and so the banner clearly reflects what the customer is getting is a discount and not the title they are pre paying right away. Just my opinion but I have to side with Orbx on this issue because, John the OP, has purchased so many DVD boxed scenery packages before, he should have known there was a difference between the CD and the DVD. Jay and John fixed the concern in a timely manor which is always impressive for any company to see a concern and address it so fast. I do think it may have been nicer of the OP to just say Hey, i didn't get what i thought i was getting, was there some mistake? or something to that effect, I am sure it still would have fixed to the OP satisfaction and no one would have felt like Orbx was "ripping them off."

Gentlemen, I thank you for your gesture of good will. However, I will take exception at being told I ordered the wrong item. If you look below you will see a clipping of the order screen from Flightsimstore.com. I reached this screen from the link provided in the email sent to me by Flightsimstore.com ( Your official vendor) telling me of the pre-order. It clearly states that it is a CD.

Now, if I understand you correctly, you are telling me that, one I should know the difference between a "CD" and a "Boxed set" when there was NO option for a "box set" on the order form. Remember, this is your official vendor that sent me the email advising me of orbx-fts products. Two, I had an option and chose wrongly.

I am not trying to split hairs or be obstinate. However, I had only the information shown below on which to make my decision. As for waiting, I have no problem with waiting. I already told you that I waited at least two weeks since the scenery was released and months from the order date. I could have downloaded it the first day, if I was so minded.

Please don't try and blame me the consumer when you or your vendor provides incorrect or only partial information to me, the consumer, and I order as you said, "the wrong item". If I am wrong about this and you can show me where it states "box set" vs. "need key CD", I will publicly apologize here for being a stupid ass.

John

Posted Image

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the issue here with The FlightSim Store, and not ORBX? Maybe the OP should discuss this with Adrian.

The screenshot above does show however that the OP was browsing under "Download Software" and not "Boxed Software." It is commonplace for downloadable software providers to provide a backup copy on DVD-ROM for a small extra charge, which is what the OP has paid for, the above mentioned "Digital Media Service."

John, if you wanted the boxed set, then yes you purchased the wrong item. You should have looked under "Boxed Software." To be fair though, a disclaimer in the "Available Options" box mentioning that the DMS is not the boxed set DVD would be helpful.

Just tryin' to calm the waters before people start saying things they don't mean and the ban hammer starts getting swung...

Cheers,

Derek

Guest J van E

It's absolutely great that Orbx will be sending the dvd without extra costs: great customer support. However, I always have found it a bit odd that the various boxed dvd versions have a seperate page in the FSS shop... It IS confusing: all other shops (that sell FS addons and that I know) have one page for a specific product which clearly shows the download AND the dvd (or only one of them if there is only one of them). FSS is the only shop I know that offers downloads and boxed versions as seperate products.

I agree with Derek that this really is something that should be discussed with FSS and not Orbx. When you go to products via the Orbx site, it's a bit more clear (since you have obvious buttons for downloads and boxed versions) but when you go directly to the FSS shop and SPECIALLY when you do so by clicking on a link in a mail, I can understand someone will think the DMS simply is the boxed version. Again, this is something for FSS to consider and maybe change. It's really a lot more logical and convenient if you have ONE page for a specific product which shows ALL possible options.

BTW I never buy boxed versions, always downloads, so it is of no real concern to me. ;)

I agree that while jmig ordered basically the backup DVD for the instant download and as stated by others that the 'Boxed Edition DVD' is/was not available when jmig ordered the scenery I think he made an honest mistake and the FSS perhaps needs to add a disclaimer to prevent this from occurring in the future. That being said, the OP has a 'boxed DVD' being provided without additional charge. That IMHO is customer service above and beyond the call.

Being even more of a senior citizen than jmig I grit my teeth each and every time I go 'on line' to buy something. I generally take around an hour to dot the i's and cross the t's and am still doubtful most of the time if I have done everything correctly. Case in point I recently was involved in an on line purchase that I could not determine exactly what was required so while still logged onto the site I was on hold for 21 min. on the phone (my nickle by the way) to ask if I had completed the transaction correctly. (turns out I had done it right). I admit I'm a curmudgeon and hate the 'new fangled' commerce. I do not even talk to answering machines on the telephone or allow one in my home!

Please don't try and blame me the consumer when you or your vendor provides incorrect or only partial information to me, the consumer, and I order as you said, "the wrong item". If I am wrong about this and you can show me where it states "box set" vs. "need key CD", I will publicly apologize here for being a stupid ass.

Have a look at this:

This is the shop's menu. Please note the distinction between "Boxed" and "Online" products. Also notice the entry "Digital Media Service":

Posted Image

If you click on the "Boxed" item you will see this. Note how it cleary says "Boxed" at the top and the pictures of DVD cases next to the products:

Posted Image

If you click on the "Online" item, however, you will see this instead. Note how it cleary say "Online" at the top.:

Posted Image

And when you order one of the online items you see this. Please note how it clearly says "Download" and "Digital Media Service".

Posted Image

And finally: when you click the link for "Digital Media Service" on the main page, you will see this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Can you not see clearly this is your fault and for someone that has bought a lot of boxset's, could you not see this is the DVD version of the DL version. It looks very clear to me.

They are going to send you a boxset at no extra cost and your still ranting. lol

John, you need to get a grip. Say that word that's SO SO hard for some people to say "sorry" and end this.

Have a look at this:

This is the shop's menu. Please note the distinction between "Boxed" and "Online" products. Also notice the entry "Digital Media Service":

Posted Image

If you click on the "Boxed" item you will see this. Note how it cleary says "Boxed" at the top and the pictures of DVD cases next to the products:

Posted Image

If you click on the "Online" item, however, you will see this instead. Note how it cleary say "Online" at the top.:

Posted Image

And when you order one of the online items you see this. Please note how it clearly says "Download" and "Digital Media Service".

Posted Image

And finally: when you click the link for "Digital Media Service" on the main page, you will see this:

Posted Image

All the above is very interesting but when you clicked on the email link that we got about pre-paying for CRM none of that showed up, kind of locking the barn door after the horse got out IMHO.

All the above is very interesting but when you clicked on the email link that we got about pre-paying for CRM none of that showed up, kind of locking the barn door after the horse got out IMHO.

Even when you click the link in the email you get this page which has all the necessary information:

Posted Image

EDIT:

I believe all is good... A good customer was hitting accidentally a wrong button and had a negative experience. Jay fixed the problem right away in a very professional and cool manner.

Let's leave it there.

Agreed. ;)

Yep, move on... worse things on this planet happen to let these things gripe us.

Simple mistake and handled so well by Jay as Heiko mentioned... Move on..

Look forward to seeing some screen shots from you, and welcome to the forum too! :)

I do think the customer has overreacted. He didn't get the pretty box but he did get the US-CRM product.

-HOWEVER-

I think the lesson here is that this has the "potential" to be confusing for the customer and as such should be clarified so that this does not happen in the future. Perhaps just adding "not boxed set" to the order description to alert the customer?

I think the description (as demonstrated above) looks pretty clear. You'll note that in SPUD's post it points out that this is not the boxed set (in fact it looks nicer than it says it will!)

The original poster has his boxed set on order (gratis, c/o Jay)

Lets leave it there.

Archived