Congrats Australia

Nope, he's won it. The 100+ year tradition is that the yellow jersey wearer does not get challenged in the final stage. Sunday is where the sprinters fight it out.

So congrats to Cadel, it's a monumental win and Australians should be chuffed indeed!

Nope, he's won it. The 100+ year tradition is that the yellow jersey wearer does not get challenged in the final stage. Sunday is where the sprinters fight it out.

So congrats to Cadel, it's a monumental win and Australians should be chuffed indeed!

Traditions are made to be broken. But this one won't.

I think some scenery of Col du Galibier, Col d' Izoard and Alpe d'Huez with particular reference to the switchbacks would be just perfect. There is an airport at the top that would look very nice too along with Grenoble Airport. Perhaps Russ could weave some magic and we could have animated cyclists or better still how about a Bathurst style rideable bike. :blink:

Andy b

I've hardly slept for the past few weeks... was so so very happy when Cadel edged his way ahead in the time trial last night. My wife can't wait for it to be over so I'll stop screaming at the tv in the middle of the night :P

Cheers,

Derek

Not nearly as middle in the night as here :) . My wife and yours are as one.

Andy b

Except in 1989 when Greg Lemond stole the tour from Laurent Fignon on the final day, when the tour ended on the time trial. If Fignon had removed his ponytail, he would have had enough to win the toru by 1 second, rather than lose by 8.

I've hardly slept for the past few weeks... was so so very happy when Cadel edged his way ahead in the time trial last night. My wife can't wait for it to be over so I'll stop screaming at the tv in the middle of the night :P

Cheers,

Derek

Yes, same here mate. Best Tour I have seen in a long time, I'm hoping to be there in person next year to follow it (approval pending by the Minister for Everything) and see Cadel get two in a row!

Congrats for Cadel and Australia! I have the utmost respect for these atheletes. I only in the last year have become an avid road cyclist, among the many other sporting pursuits of mine. In fact today, I competed in my first ever sprint triathlon. That was an experience in endurance, and that was only a sprint-tri! I can only begin to fathom what the Tour must put your body through. Amazing stuff indeed.

Yes congratulations to Cadel and a historic win for Australia. This is one of the toughest competitions out there and I have a lot of respect for these athletes.

BTW Nice Bike there Iain...I remember wanting one of those when I was a kid.

Cheers :D

Archived