Matrox wide screen monitors 5040 x 1050

Wolter,

You are a genius!

Thanx so much for that link. I don't know why Matrox didn't send it to me.

I've got three 22" LG widescreens and it's always been a bit of a bugbear playing FSX in that mode (Screen always looked stretched), so hopefully this may remedy some of the probs,

Frank

This is wonderful!

Until now the biggest you could fly in native resolution was three 19 inch TFTs. Now you can fly using three 22 inch in native, wow!

Too bad I bought my three 19 inch TFTs only nine months ago  :-\

Markus

Okay Wolter,

I know you are the walking encyclopaedia of FSX.

I loaded the software and changed my res to 4080 x 768.

I don't know if that's right as my native resolution of the screens is supposed to be 1660 x 1050. I assume by that, that I should be able to get 4980 x 1050 but that res does not appear to be available.

I ran all the software, including the GXM stuff, so I can't see that I stuffed up.

Anybody else running this config have any answers?

I can't quite get my head around what they are trying to achieve. 4:3 resolutions won't run on a 22" widescreen, so am I barking up the wrong tree or am I just barking mad?

Frank

(maybe it's the hour of the morning or something.....)

You give me way to much credit Frank,

I saw an announcement of this and I know that a lot of the members here have the triple setup, hence as to why I posted it here, as for myself, I run a single 19" old fashioned Sony CRT set to 1600x1200.

As for the software from Matrox, I only could guess at it, I know that Maurice King has done a lot of fiddling with this item, maybe he could jump in to give you some pointers wich way to head, the suggestion I could make, is that probably they have a costumer support at Matrox and submit your issue with them.

Let me see if I understand.

I have a 3x19" standard screen set up with Matrox. I get 3840x1050

I happen to have a widescreen 19"", new, available so if I buy two more and download the software, then I can get 5040x ??

The Matrox TH2G hardware is still relevant?

If this is right, then I can see two new screens coming on.

this is what is said by Matrox :

TripleHead2Go Digital Edition Widescreen Resolution Software Download

To access TripleHead2Go Digital Edition's new triple widescreen modes of 3x1680x1050 and 3x1440x901,

you must download the latest firmware utility and PowerDesk software.

Before downloading the software, please make sure that your system meets the following criteria:

1. Your system must have a dual-link DVI connector and must be running a Microsoft Windows® XP or Vista™operating system.

2. Your graphics card should be a compatible DirectX® 10 GPU with the latest graphics driver version installed. To check, download the GXM Compatibility tool.

This is what is so goddam confusing!

I'm not totally sure, but the GXM software will only allow you to run the native resolutions that your monitor will support, with a maximum being 5040x 1050, that is to say three monitors running a native res of 1680 x 1050.

There are three pieces of software to download, the first being the upgraded firmware for the triple head2go.

The second is the GXM software and the third is the surround gaming utility software.

After doing the firmware upgrade and installing the second and third pieces of software, you shood be able to start the GXM utilityand view your newly available resolutions.

This is where it all gets a bit hazy for me.....

I see you can also specify custom resolutions and you can even select between 4:3 and 16:9 resolutions. I've read in previous posts that you shood set your triple head to go to your native res, which for my 22" LG is 1680 x 1050 but it is not available.....hmmm

I also fail to see how you can use the 4:3 mode as it does so by letterboxing the screen, so how do you couple the three together when you got that scenario, or does it just zoom and miss part of the screen??????

Oh, wow, it's doing my head in!

Come on guru's, what's the answer???

Frank

This is what is so goddam confusing!

I'm not totally sure, but the GXM software will only allow you to run the native resolutions that your monitor will support, with a maximum being 5040x 1050, that is to say three monitors running a native res of 1680 x 1050.

There are three pieces of software to download, the first being the upgraded firmware for the triple head2go.

The second is the GXM software and the third is the surround gaming utility software.

After doing the firmware upgrade and installing the second and third pieces of software, you shood be able to start the GXM utilityand view your newly available resolutions.

This is where it all gets a bit hazy for me.....

I see you can also specify custom resolutions and you can even select between 4:3 and 16:9 resolutions. I've read in previous posts that you shood set your triple head to go to your native res, which for my 22" LG is 1680 x 1050 but it is not available.....hmmm

I also fail to see how you can use the 4:3 mode as it does so by letterboxing the screen, so how do you couple the three together when you got that scenario, or does it just zoom and miss part of the screen??????

Oh, wow, it's doing my head in!

Come on guru's, what's the answer???

Frank

Yes, head-doing indeed lol! I'm sure the answer is simpler than it appears, just need some input from guys who own one.

Should I seriously consider the idea of triple 24" 1920x1200 displays I want to make sure it will work as intended. $2000 for 2 more dell 24" displays + th2g is a large investment lol.

Update:

I went to the matrox site and it says I shood be able to run 5040 x 1050 but alas it does not want to play.

I have reverted to my old setting of 3840 x 1024 as the setting I had (4080 x 768) just didn't look right.

So all in all that was a pointless exercise for me.

Except for the fact that my new track ir pro has cracked a wobbly and is all over the place.

I think I need to tweak it again until I get it right.......oh, well, what do they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Frank

Archived