X-Plane 10?

BOOM

Hello,I'm seriously considering switching to X-Plane when 10 comes out,I've heard that you can import your favorite FS scenery into X-Plane.

Since I rarely fly anywhere else besides FTX/Orbx scenery,Will I be able to import it to X-Plane?

Thank You

Cheers!

Patrick

As mentioned a breach of EULA I'd imagine, but at the same time, could it also be a benefit for ORBX resulting in more sales if it could be done? i.e. X-Plane users could buy the FSX version of ORBX sceneries and convert them into X-Plane 10? Could be a win for improved sales? Just a thought.

Don't believe what you read about being able to import FSX scenery into X-Plane. I've tried it, and it's buggy as hell. Not only will you not be able to even come close to importing scenery on the level of Orbx (which is against the EULA anyway), but you'll find that all but the simplest of FS scenery shows some major flaws.

Been there, done that. Results are abyssmal. The X-P market is comparatively tiny compared to the FSX installed base, so we're not going to allocate resources to that platform. The MS-Flight platform will be huge and that will be our focus moving forward, in addition to continuing to develop for FSX in parallel.

Been there, done that. Results are abyssmal. The X-P market is comparatively tiny compared to the FSX installed base, so we're not going to allocate resources to that platform. The MS-Flight platform will be huge and that will be our focus moving forward, in addition to continuing to develop for FSX in parallel.

If it is possible, would you consider "patching" current ORBX scenery to FLIGHT for a fee? I would re-purchase EVERYTHING in a heart beat.

I would imagine a lot of the ORBX textures, 3D models and designs will not be lost with Flight. Even if FSX scenery is not compatible with Flight I would imagine the textures, models and libraries owned by ORBX can be used in Flight scenery someday with a little work. If so I will continue to buy ORBX scenery well into the next generation of MS Flight Sim of ORBX continues to produce scenery in that platform.

But as JV has said nothing about Flight is known yet so I am speculating.

In the mean time I am very happy with FSX, ORBX and REX worlds...

Cheers :D

A2A have on more than one occasion implied that they can handle any sim . The implication being that their aircraft will be portable. If thats the case then my presumption is other things should be portable. When I think about it maybe not . Shader 3 , DX10 and whatever , Could be a texture nightmare.

A2A have on more than one occasion implied that they can handle any sim .

They were talking about their engine and physics modelling, which runs as an external module that interfaces with FSX via Simconnect. What they probably meant is that they can handle any sim that provides a similar interface for external programs, which any good add-on oriented sim should have. Converting the 3D models of the aircraft is a different matter, depending on the workings of individual graphics engines.

Archived