PNW/NRM Border CTDs

Sir Ash

I have came across a new issue while doing some flight paths I've never flown on before. Whenever I cross over from the PNW region to the NRM region (and I'm assuming this happens the other way round as well), I seem to be getting a crash to desktop right around were both regions meet. I have been attempting to do flights from Vancouver to Kelowna and other airports in NRM but have never been able to get into NRM without this crash. While looking at the Events Viewer, the "faulting module name" is ntdll.dll under the path "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll".

My order numbers: PNW - #FSS0052115, NRM - #FSS0085290

Just to also say, I did find one other thread about this which was posted late last year, but it has no solution that works for me.

Hey Holger,

I actually just discovered that the thread I had read was not on exactly my issue that I have, silly me, though maybe some people have it, this post in the thread sounds very similar to my situation - http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/27114-nrm-possibly-causing-ctd/page__view__findpost__p__235421

Flying around NRM is perfectly fine for me. I can do flights for as long as I can without any CTD. However, lately while I've been trying to do Vancouver to an airport in NRM (I've been doing flights with the default B737 and Captain Sim C-130), it always crashes just after Hope. I'll try that method with the cutblock files and see if it stops the CTD.

Well, for some reason, getting rid of those files (the Edmonton and Jasper cutblocks) somehow worked and am no longer getting CTDs. Just to also let you know, I did tests around Hope and over the PNW/NRM border with smaller aircraft, and that worked perfectly fine even with the cutblock files still there. Only flying the jets out of Vancouver and across the PNW/NRM border resulted in CTDs.

Hi Ashley,

good to hear that did the trick. Apologies for the faulty files. A more permanent solution will be supplied with the upcoming NRM service pack.

I wonder what's different in the larger aircraft that make them more sensitive to the issue? Could just be the overall file load or perhaps some of the terrain-related gauges?

However, the issue that we've identified within the cutblock files should have been fixed also by installing the PNW service packs 3/3a. Perhaps you've installed NRM after PNW or haven't updated PNW yet?

Cheers, Holger

Hi Ashley,

good to hear that did the trick. Apologies for the faulty files. A more permanent solution will be supplied with the upcoming NRM service pack.

I wonder what's different in the larger aircraft that make them more sensitive to the issue? Could just be the overall file load or perhaps some of the terrain-related gauges?

However, the issue that we've identified within the cutblock files should have been fixed also by installing the PNW service packs 3/3a. Perhaps you've installed NRM after PNW or haven't updated PNW yet?

Cheers, Holger

I actually not too long ago did a re-install of both PNW and NRM after some elevation issues (all fixed), and I re-installed NRM first then PNW after. And I have got PNW patched to 3a. I find it strange too how I can fly a Carenado Beechcraft Baron over the border but not a default 737-800. Anyway, thanks for your help.

Wow, kind of glad I found this thread. I too have been having issues flying from the lower mainland to the OK area. Getting CTD's with ntdll.dll error while descending into either Kelowna, Penticton, Oliver so far while in jet a/c only (iFly 737 and T-45 Goshawk so far) Even took one flight to test in the T-45 from CBB9 towards CYYF and it ctd'd about half way between Oliver and OK Falls.

I'll try the cutblock fix tomorrow and get back with any results.

Archived