W7 64 wSP1

evoras

Not had any BSODs, but I'm constantly getting "Fatal Error" messages and FSX restarts. It's getting annoying actually. Never happened before! It seems like a real common error too which (as one might expect) despite hundreds of reports to Microsoft, they don't answer.

I've been running SP1 since it came out, never had any problems.

Cheers,

Mike

+1 That said I did not include IE9, which by all accounts has a few bugs in the 64bit version. According to my weekly "Windows Secrets" newsletter, anyway. May have been fixed by now but have not heard one way or the other.

I had 2 Bluescreens in the last days but this is because I got the FSX to use all computing power it can get and I had to lower the overclocking. With SP1 I had no problems so far.

By the way, I also got those fatal errors but I think they are because of my FSX-Settings.

Evoras

"I've had 2 BSOD's in FSX "

Can you tell us if just FSX crashed or the whole of Windows 7 closed down?

Is there any error message such as "STOP", "exception at" "locale id" "event id" or similar?

Have you tried the Win 7 "troubleshooter" and "fixit center"? (http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/)

If it is a total system crash, in the event viewer there should be an error recorded as well as in the inbuilt reliability monitor.

If it is a total Windows system crash it may not be directly related to FSX but some system/hardware/software issue that occurs because FSX is running.

What are your sytem specs? Are you running 32 or 64-bit Win 7?

Regards :lol:

PeterH

Evoras

"I've had 2 BSOD's in FSX "

Can you tell us if just FSX crashed or the whole of Windows 7 closed down?

Is there any error message such as "STOP", "exception at" "locale id" "event id" or similar?

Have you tried the Win 7 "troubleshooter" and "fixit center"? (http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/)

If it is a total system crash, in the event viewer there should be an error recorded as well as in the inbuilt reliability monitor.

If it is a total Windows system crash it may not be directly related to FSX but some system/hardware/software issue that occurs because FSX is running.

What are your sytem specs? Are you running 32 or 64-bit Win 7?

Regards :lol:

PeterH

Peter,

I got a blue screen and then my computer restarted both times. I haven't tried the Win 7 "troubleshooter" or "fixit center", but I'll check them out. I'm running W7 64-bit. Thanks.

Bluescreen is triggered most likely by an unstable system or faulty RAM.

Really...

Heiko, I ran the built in Win 7 Memory checker and it came back clean. My system has been stable on W7 for over a year and the only changes have been SP1 and Dirt 3.

Archived