Lost my Launceston

jtwillia

Not sure if this problem belongs in this forum.  Kindly point me in the right direction if necessary.  I installed OZx 1.0 without switching FTX mode to OFF.  I thought everything was fine but somehow have lost the great photoreal YMLT Launceston. :(  I am not sure how to get it back.  Can anyone help me.

Regards,

Blue #6005

Gold #3450

Jeff Williams

Hi Jeff,

Lonny, Lilydale and Redcliffe are all Orbx GA airports being re-released soon. See http://fullterrain.com/freeware.html

We are focusing on finishing YMML and AI Traffic, and then I will work with Marty and Mango to get V2.0 of YLIL, YMLT and YRED out. They will have new content and models and further enhancements to what was in FTX Freeware 1.2

We hope to not keep you waiting too long to enjoy those airports again.

Ugh, just realized this myself.  So I lost the beautiful 1.0 versions of Lonny and Lilydale by "upgrading" to OZx?  Wish I knew that first.  YLIL is (was) my home base of sorts.

Edit:  That came off harsher then I intended.  I am very grateful for any freeware, just bummed out that I've lost a couple of my fav airports for awhile.

I know they are missed, we're acutely aware of that. Couple of reasons for the delay:

1. We had to wait until OZx 1.0 was release so we had a library and objects split

2. We are building a brand new Orbx library with hangars, cars and other GA airport objects. That lib is still being worked on and will be in testing shortly. Once the lib is locked down (i.e. on YMML release), we can then add all those objects to YLI< YRED and YMLT

3. Right now we are literally working around the clock on AU GREEN and YMML and we don't have a lot of spare cycles to do the revision work on those fields.

If you guys can't wait, we can always re-release them as their V1.0 format and then do the V2.0 down the track. Up to you.

Hey John

I have the OZx 1.0 and wasn'r aware I would lose Launceston if I installed it.

I haven't as yet loaded it so would probably hold off and look forward to V2 when it is released.

However, I think re-releasing V1 should take some of the pressure off you and give the user something that is already very nice to have.

So my vote is for re-release but I am just one voice and I can wait!!!.

Thanks

Aybe

OZx Australian Airfields v1.0

This installer will add 140 airfields for Australia to your fsX installation.

For a complete list of all locations please read the Manual.

A shortcut will be created on your desktop,

and also in your Start \ Programs Menu.

In case you have the ORBX FTX Freeware Scenery installed on your system:

This Installer will remove those files and folders in compliance with, the ORBX FTX Team and OZx Team agreement on this.

Once the installer has completed :

You will need to start fsX and MANUALLY ACTIVATE,

the OZx_AUS Scenery via your Scenery Control Panel within fsX.

The OZx team wishes you many hours of enjoyment flying to these airfields !

July 18th, 2008

it was clearly stated in the Installer ::)

OZx Australian Airfields v1.0

This installer will add 140 airfields for Australia to your fsX installation.

For a complete list of all locations please read the Manual.

A shortcut will be created on your desktop,

and also in your Start \ Programs Menu.

In case you have the ORBX FTX Freeware Scenery installed on your system:

This Installer will remove those files and folders in compliance with, the ORBX FTX Team and OZx Team agreement on this.

Once the installer has completed :

You will need to start fsX and MANUALLY ACTIVATE,

the OZx_AUS Scenery via your Scenery Control Panel within fsX.

The OZx team wishes you many hours of enjoyment flying to these airfields !

July 18th, 2008

it was clearly stated in the Installer ::)

and I hadn't got that far so I wouldn't have known. :-X

Aybe

• 2 weeks later...

Since discovering the awesome landclass work in the area its become my favorite place to fly from, and i'm sure even more so with the higher quality texture, so I'll be looking forward to the update.  I tend to stick to the standout locations given extra attention, like Canberra, Redcliff, Hobart, and Launceston. 

Archived