Wow, 5 years on these forums

maxter

That time has flown, thanks JayKae for the heads up. Having started in flightsimming since 1984/85 I have been a member of many forums and I have to say, thanks to JV, JayKae and the rest of the team for supplying us with the best and friendliest hang out place in flightsimdom :lol:

Looking forward to the next 5 years.

Cheers and all the best to the rest of the community.

Great post! As a long time simmer myself (1985 Sublogic) on the Atari. I have only been a member since 09' But this forum has proved to be the most "dramaless" and freindliest forum going.

Congrats on 5 years! And seeining the way ORBX is going, it looks like we can enjoy at least another 5+ years here. :)

I've been reading since 2008 (but never posted) and have used FSX on and off over the years.

It was only last week that I finally got around to purchasing my first set of orbx scenery and now to start exploring. :-)

So congrats on 5 years and nearly 3K of posts!

Congratulations maxter five years on the forum, and i have to agree its one of the friendliest forums around and flying since 84 thats a lot of flights i bet mate. Here is to the next five years and more with all the gang here.

cheers

Iain

Yep, it's been a great ride especially when you think back to 'Voz' as well, the improvments have been amazing, well done to all.

Regards,

Jim.

Very pleased indeed to be notified by JK a few days back of my "5 years" here which was preceded by my membership of VOZ as Member No.125 :lol: What great times we had on VOZ forums and what wonderful developments have been made by the gurus from there into OZx, FTX and other areas :D Thank you one and all (Dips lid)

Hey thanks everybody for your wishes, just got back to Perth from Sydney and looking forward to getting a sim flight in this evening.

Well I have done about 7 around the world flights in MSFS in light and twin GA since FS2002 and I love flying into and over some of the areas that I flew back then and experience the improvements and changes.

Firstly VOZ, then Orbx and of course OzX have made such huge changes to the experience. Back with FS4, I bought an early version of ASD (Aircraft and Scenery developer I think it was called) and I have fond memories of recreating the coastline around Perth and Swan and Canning rivers as well as some other features. What was interesting about this project was that was done all on a patch of California coast as there was no Australia back then, so I used a chunk of the San Francisco scenery area that was pretty much featureless to delude myself that I was flying around my home town :lol::lol::lol:

How things have changed now. I wonder what we will be doing in 5 years time. One thing for sure we will still be having simmers favourite product tribal wars, tweaking and talking about the blurries we first experienced with FSX way back when.

Apologies for the reminiscence, must be a sign of getting old :lol:

Cheers all,

Yeah Jay sent me a note about five years on the forums and I forgot about it until I saw this thread, there are a few of us that have been around since the early VOZ days and then some.

That is right, I made my debut on BBS FS2BB so many moons ago, I only really got back into things just before BEV came out and when I saw a dude called Koorby doing some amazing things and well.. whaddaya know, he was an Aussie too, rest is history *grins*

Yes I remember copping an awful bollocking from someone in a FS BBS room/chat/whatever for having the temerity to ask how to install a Electra add on would have been back in around 1990/91 maybe. The FS guys were a pretty insular lot in those day, but a few really helpful ones.

Then came web browsers wings.ark.com and the Comox Valley Flight Sim Stopover with Al Pelletier and rec.aviation.simulators

My second machine to do this stuff was a 386 DX 25 Mhz machine with a 300 baud Dataplex DPX225.

Now there is some history :lol:

Archived