Some FPS for just fly.

Iain Emms

Here are some shots to answer your question about what frames im getting with such a high autogen setting in a dense area, Remember frames go up and down with what aircraft you are flying and cloud and weather settings can also make them drop here im using real weather. My flight is a smooth one no jerks and stops i dont really have a mega machine just what i class as a middle end machine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Iain, relevant question coming up... do you have the MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL= XXXXX and the MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL= XXXXX tweak in your cfg. and also, what is your autogen slider set at? Interesting to compare with my own rig. I guess that is Portland you are flying?

There you are Mark - someone else who likes to limit their frame rate. Well done Iain!

I've still got mine unlimited for the USA and Australia but although its working alright, if it wasn't for your influence Mark, I'd be a damn good mind to change it back to the 70fps I always found so good. ;):D

Of course, I keep the UK and Europe limited at 30 still.

In answer to Rockcliffe, I still use that tweak. The explanation for it given by the ex Aces chap made a lot of sense to me but there's also another thing which isn't often mentioned. There's quite a lot of autogen and some in 'scenery' which are not in the category of 'trees' or 'buildings'. It means you can not only use a higher FSX slider but still keep the other 'contents' you would not want to be without.

John

I noticed no VC shots? I think FPS is a lot easier for most outside the plane. Almost always I can get 29 30 fps (locked 30) outside with any plane, any where, but now being in the VC and only getting 20 21 sometimes with a more visually complex plane and/or weather (not a cloud in the sky in your pics) like the RealAir Duke or PMDG j41. I bet those 30 FPS shot transfers inside to a VC would at least be much lower. I only think it's fair when talking (bragging) performance we talk VC as that's were I like to think most of fly and also the hardest area combined with complex scenery to run.

I was NOT bragging or shooting my mouth off regarding these shots just fly asked me what my FPS was around a dense area so i posted these to show him, in the post i also said Remember frames go up and down with what aircraft you are flying and cloud and weather settings can also make them drop here im using real weather. People that know me here on the forum know i do not Brag about things like this. If you take the time to look at my Ten thousand posts you would see this also, But if people think im bragging i will think again in the future and not post these answers.

Thank you

Iain

Oltimer, that really was a completely unnecessary post :(

Iain, don't worry we know your not bragging, and even if you were... so what, just please never stop posting great screenshots and great FPS tests/settings tips OK?

If this thread goes any further south I will close it.

+1 for everything Tim said :)

Thank-you very much Iain for posting these shots and answering my question, it has given me some really useful insight on what I might expect from my next PC :)

In fairness guys and with respect to Iain, and in defense of Oltimer, I'm not sure he was directly suggesting Iain was Bragging as such, I think it was more of a a misplaced word. Anyway Iain, thanks again for taking the time to post the shots and for your reply to my question. I look forward to your next photoset, which no doubt will be arriving anytime now....

Archived