Qualicum Beach & Alberni Valley BC

rogera

I visited both airfields today and noticed that the terrain did not match the runways and taxiways with deep trenches in between runways and taxiways and the runway hovering in mid-air.

A search only threw up an afcad which I don't think is the solution I'm looking for.

Roger.

Hi Roger,

when you do a search for any bgl files with "CAT4" as part of their names the only ones that should show up are those in "\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery" and "ADE_FTX_PNW_CAT4_elevation_adjustment.BGL" in "Scenery\World\scenery". Any other files are possibly third-party add-ons that are incompatible. Same thing for CBS8.

Cheers, Holger

• 3 years later...

Roger and Holger

Ken Peters created a very pretty scenery of Qualicum Beach airport (cat4_fsx.zip) at FlightSIm.com, and it works well in PNW if the following files are de-activated (I just move them to a folder titled originals, or removed or whatever makes best sense to you:

FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY/scenery/ADE_FTX_PNW_CAT4_Qualicum_Be

ach.bgl

FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY/scenery/ADE_FTX_PNW_CAT4_Qualicum_Be

ach_CVX.bgl

FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY/scenery/FTX_PNW_objects_CAT4_PLC.bgl

FSXroot......scenery/World/scenery/ADE_FTX_PNW_CAT4_elevation_adjustme

nt.bgl

There is a small plateau effect at the south end of the runway but it is irregular and largely covered with vegetation and does not detract.

Nigel

Vancouver

Archived