different view..

dmrich28

Just playing around tonight and decided to watch a bit at Kingsford Smith during a BUSY day

Now once the devs get done with their masterpiece airports...this will be VERY cool, on those days you just want to watch the traffic.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dave

the Hobart Tower guys bored and spying on that crazy guy who re-built the island not far away  (or is it me that is bored  hmmm)  8)

Posted Image

and just something I was playing with the views with. (usually have the traffic board on the 2nd screen if I'm using of course)

Posted Image

it's not an addon.. it's a hack of sorts

it fsx go multiplayer..sighn in with your info

host session- next- set your session conditions- select role as air traffic controller

change your location to where you want

SAVE Flight. enter a name for the save hit ok

then back all the way out of multiplayer

go to free flight

load the save whatever you called it.

it's easy

Dave

Thats cool as!

Not sure if possible, but wouldnt it be cool if we could sit in the tower and watch our own AI? Would be wonderful when AUTraffic arrives! :P

EDIT: It sure pays to read the whole topic before posting lmfao. :-*

this worked well together..tower view with radar/communications and traffic board up.

So cool how much you can do with this sim now.

Sorry this was in Kamloops BC Canada...well its in Pacific NorthWest anyways.

Posted Image

Dave

This is a great tip, thanks Dave. I'll post this document as a sticky topic, especially in time for release of AU YMML and AU Traffic. I have to admit, I have one more than one occasion just hovered around YMML and watch the AU traffic doing its thing, it's really a huge amount of fun!

I am also going to model "The Church" in AU YMML, which is a very popular car parking area off Sunbury road at the end of RWY34 where you can park your car, crack a can of beer (and the ice cream van sometimes does a good trade there too!), and then watch all the aircraft approach and literally fly 100m over your head on finals. It's called "The Church" because there is a small bluestone church about 300m away from the car park.

Dave, I've managed to get the Control Tower to work as described in this thread. This will be great when we get our hands on YMML.

I assume the Traffic Flight Board you have is part of the payware TraffcX package.

One problem I do have though, is my default hight for the YSSY control tower appears to be at or about ground level while your photos show yours to be at the correct hight for this airport. Can you tell me how you achieved this. My default 'Tower View' in normal flight seems to be at the correct hight, so why would the Control Tower in multiplayer be different. I note that all is fine for Brisbane Airport, but Melbourne appears to be at ground level. I also note that 'slew' mode does not work with the Control Tower in multiplayer so I am unable to correct the situation.

Graham

each time you want to go to a different airport you have to re-do the steps unfortunately.

if you change airports without going back into multiplayer etc... the tower will be on ground level.

All your camera and view functions are the same so I use shift/enter to get a better view over the monitors etc..kinda like a view world be standing in the room.

Any other questions ask me.

Dave

oh yeah..forgot yes the traffic board is part of MyTrafficX package.

I,ve tried everything and YSSY is still only a few feet above ground level. I've even rebooted my system and still when I go to Sydney in a new session, the tower is only about 20 ft high and well below the top of the Tower scenery. If I pan around the tower room, I even pass a view of the spiral escape shute outside the window.

A quick check of some other airports, including melbourne, show all those to be at the correct hight. Sydney appears to be my only problem.

Graham

thanx for this dave im sittin at YSSY watching on now...

too bad we cant controll them,

Im sick of SAAB 340's an Dash 8's using 16R an 34L at their lesuir while the heavy iron just sit there...

josh

Sydney is Australia's busiest major airport, but by international standards is well down the list. Melbourne was second, but has recently been overtaken by Brisbane.

For calendar 2007:

Sydney:  290,346 movements

Toronto:  425,513 movements

Sources:

World's busiest airports by traffic movements

Movements at Australian Airports 2007

Interestingly Jandakot, Perth's secondary airport, is Australia's busiest, ahead of Bankstown and Moorabbin. (Training circuits count as two movements).

Greg

Mate I just tried this at 100% traffic and I get squat! no traffic at all, no idea what I am doing wrong but I cant even get any ATC, it only gives me tune to Melbourne ATIS or melb ground while I am in the tower, buggered if I know what I am doing wrong.

Dave,

I have had a win. The problem seems to be associated with the AFCAD I was using for YSSY. No amount of adjustments to the tower placement in that AFCAD could get me any higher but the default AFCAD, which I still had, worked fine. What I ended up doing was to establish the multplayer session with the default AFCAD and save the flight. Then I replaced the AFCAD file with the modified one and loaded my saved flight. The flight then starts with the tower at the correct hight. The only changes my modified AFCAD included were more and larger parking spots and allocated parking codes. Anyway, I am now happy and thank you for the HU on this 'different view'.

Aussiecop, You will not have any aircraft when you start a multiplayer session as I think it only uses default aircraft or other player aircraft. You need to save your flight and re-enter under free flight and all your AI aircraft should be there.

Graham   

thanks mate, I just installed My traffic X and still dont even have AI, I was trying to install Voz ai and then I had absoloutely no traffic whatsoever, so it had the opposite effect, I have installed my traffic X and still the same thing! and I have RTFM to the letter!

Archived