Aeropelican runway invisible wall

Chandy

G'day,

I have noticed a problem with something invisible on the runway at Aeropelican. On a take-off run (or bactrack) to the west about 3/4 of the way down there is an invisible obstacle that causes a crash. I guess I can turn off crashes, as I saw in someone's reply somewhere in these forums, but that woudn't be sporting, would it. I have all patches up to 1.30.

Anyway that's the guts of it.

Regards,

John G

A bit of a divide in the FS community about crash detection.  Most long-time simmers that I know have crash detection turned off, because not only is it unrealistic in its application within the sim, it's also unnecessary, as we KNOW when we've crashed.  The incidence of flights ended pointlessly due to glitches in the program far outweighs the rare incidence of the sim 'getting it right' and telling you something you didn't already know.

So is it sporting to turn it off?  Definitely, all you have to do is 'play dead' when you've hit something hard, a bit like when you were a kid and had to 'play dead' when you knew you were 'shot'.  The sim doesn't need to fill in the blanks!

A bit of a divide in the FS community about crash detection.  Most long-time simmers that I know have crash detection turned off, because not only is it unrealistic in its application within the sim, it's also unnecessary, as we KNOW when we've crashed.  The incidence of flights ended pointlessly due to glitches in the program far outweighs the rare incidence of the sim 'getting it right' and telling you something you didn't already know.

So is it sporting to turn it off?  Definitely, all you have to do is 'play dead' when you've hit something hard, a bit like when you were a kid and had to 'play dead' when you knew you were 'shot'.  The sim doesn't need to fill in the blanks!

I agree. There is always a risk of a scenery object causing a crash, particulary when taxiing around an airport. It can be really annoying - so its far better to switch crash detection off. For me, it does not detract in any way from the realism - I too know when I have crashed  ::)

Cheers

Paul

Archived