Where's my Non Tropical Water gone???

toby23

Dear FTX Team, please help...

After purchasing and installing AU BLUE and GOLD last night, I have now lost ALL my NON-TROPICAL WATER.  ???

That's right, no more water in friday harbouror seattle, no more water in england, it's all gone...

I used the downloaded AU BLUE installer 1.1 SP1 and AU GOLD installer 1.0 from FlightSimStore.

I am running a German Version of XP Pro SP3 and had to correct the weird ascii characters in the scenery.cfg file too.

All the water has been replaced with land textures.

The water models ie boats, docks etc are still there.

Please please please urgently sort this out, now i can only fly areas with tropical water and that is not funny.

None of this was happening before i installed FTX.

Awaiting your urgent reply.

Toby

Order Number: FSS0008364

Order Date: 2008-07-11

[ORB-001] Orbx - FTX: AU Blue Temperate South

[ORB-002] Orbx - FTX: AU Gold Subtropical East

Thanks John but that does not work.

How do i get my water back???

Apart from this problem, i must admit that FTX has surpassed my expectations in every way.

You have really made THE BEST ground scenery add-on for FSX that i have seen so far.

Turn FTX Mode [OFF] when flying outside an FTX region.

I have the same issue when running with FTX Mode on in areas outside of FTX areas.  Seems to be issue with how FTX Mode affects other addon's.  Turning off FTX Mode puts everything right when flying outside of covered FTX area.  Hope this helps.

Thanks Gary but that does not work for me.

It's because i am running a German version of Windows, I think, and the installer has changed something important...

I don't know what and I really hope that the team at FTX are working on a fix for those of us with this problem.

Can anyone else with this problem please check to see if they have a working UNINSTALLER for AU BLUE on their computer?

Or has the linked file mysteriously disappeared too?

Have any of your icons in Add/Remove Software been replaced with the green FTX Icon?

Thanks, Toby

Hi Toby,

can you attach your active scenery.cfg file as a zipped up attachment here?

Also, if you're using Ultimate Terrain and other add-ons that provide custom terrain.cfg entries (Vancouver+, Victoria+, some Megascenery products) you can restore those entries by running their respective configurators or repair functions. For UT-X, for example, you just have to start each of the configurator tools once and that'll add the entries back in.

However, FTX doesn't overwrite any terrain.cfg entries (it just swaps the file with a custom version) so there should be a backup of your pre-FTX terrain.cfg in your \ORBX\Scripts\Backup folder.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

Congratulations with FTX, you've done a top job...

I hope we can sort this out asap with the water...

See attached zip file of active scenery.cfg

regards,

toby

www.bunteponys.com/wp-content/downloads/Scenery.CFG.zip

Ok, problem solved.

I worked through this with Michael from FSGS and he fixed it.

FTX rewrote the scenery.cfg file because i don't have an English Windows Installation and it messed it up.

terrain.cfg appears untouched as it was originally in english.

Regards, toby

It's not running, sorry for my premature post.

The water is working now but i am seeing a completely different landscape to michael from fsgs.

In a test we did taking off from brisbane intl, michael saw the port complete with ships and refinery and that was missing completely from my version. I sent him a screenshot and he confirmed it looked completely different. I also have multiple landing lights.

What kind of conflict is happening here... I cannot use FTX with my German Windows Installation....

Can someone please help.

• 2 weeks later...

That's good to hear John, thank you.

I recently discovered that every time i activate/ deactivate FTX, it removes the REMOTE= line from every entry in my scenery.cfg.

I have to manually replace my backup every time and this is getting boring, almost as boring as trying to remember if FTX is active or not before i fly...

Can you please release a fix so that FTX stops messing up my scenery.cfg file and so that I don't have to activate/ deactivate FTX when i want to use it...

Hi Tony,

why are those remote= entries in your scenery.cfg in the first place? Are you using a scenery.cfg manager of some kind or did you insert them manually? If you look at the default backup scenery.cfg file, in the main FSX folder, you'll notice that none of the sections have that entry. If I remember correctly the remote= parameter is used only if a FSX user chooses to do a partial installation of FSX in which case some of the folders remain on DVD instead of being copied onto HD. With a partial installation the user then has the option to activate the "cache the scenery" checkbox in the scenery library menu so that FSX copies the scenery onto a temporary HD folder the first time it is called in flight. You can activate this setting even with a complete installation but it makes no sense because you already have those files on HD.

Having said that, I do agree that it looks as if the code for the scenery.cfg isn't as 100% clean/fool proof as we'd like, for example in the case of the removal of the required Texture_ID=1 line on a few user's systems.

Cheers, Holger

hi holger,

it's toby... :)

they were always there.

i have set up my fsx with michael greenblatt from FSGS and he said they should be there too, i don't know...

he helped me install ftx too because it kept messing up the scenery cfg file...

anyway, any ideas on how to stop this happening or on a fix so i don't have to activate/deactivate ftx all the time?

thanks.

Hi toby,

sorry to be the bearer of bad news, BUT, the simplest way to cure this is to re-install fsX Complete, otherwise you will keep having these "issues".

Also be aware that you will need at least a 50 Gig partition to get fsX+SP1+SP2/Acceleration + FTX current and upcoming + OZx + Aircraft and maybe other stuff that you would like to install.

just out of interrest what are your system specs and which OS are you using ?

Hi guys,

Wolter, sorry but I'm not following. How would re-installing FSX change the behavior of the FTX installer/mode switcher in regards to the scenery.cfg file?

Tony, forget about those remote= entries; they don't need to be present unless you have a partial installation as described above. Or does your scenery.cfg contain remote= entries with actual path information to the right of the "="?

As for our plans to get rid of the FTX mode switcher see http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=3851.0

Cheers, Holger

Guys don't confuse things...

My installation is fine and very complete and working fine.

All I want is a fix for FTX so that it doesn't change my cfg file every time i activate it (conflict with foreign version of windows)

and another fix so that i don't have to activate and deactivate FTX all the time...

Archived