Really impressed by all you are doing, but

macca22au

I would also be slavishly grateful if you could keep your free download page updated.  For instance will AI Australia be permanently in beta until one surprising day we are told it is available.  Or would it be possible to be teased along a little more.  Will Lilydale take a year, a month a few days.

Re-reading what I have written I do not intend to make a mean-spirited challenge.  Rather, I just want the product so I check, I guess, almost daily, yet the clock never seems to tick.  Always the same info. 

Incidentally I know that you will be producing a really good Aus AI-and I think that you should make it commercial - I am more than happy to pay.  After all Traffic 2005X still has Australian airlines flying.

The AI is still under development due to the sourcing of appropriate repaints and aircraft types to fulfil the flightplans. Its is freeware because the aircraft are redistributed freeware aircraft (with permission) and not our own... and Mal is a top bloke.

Err Lilydale is finished and was released a long while ago. Though due to current events will be re-released shortly.

Currently we are heavily focused on getting YMML and FTX Green finished, both of which are making good progress so expect to see some announcements soon

Thanks for your enthusiasm.

Hi Ian,

please let me know what needs updating on the freeware pages and I'll get onto it immediately. Last time I checked though, the status of all the projects was correct, since I only revised the page just over a week ago. The moment something changes I'll be sure to edit the text from "beta" to "late beta". Forgive my sarcasm, but I am slightly annoyed to be honest.

I note you were fortunate enough to download 1.2 before it was pulled, but I have seen quite a number of posts from you over the past weeks making comments as though you missed out on something. Please, can I ask a simple favour? Go and enjoy FTX and the freeware you're lucky to have in your possession, and I am sure we will be able to provide you with even more freeware very soon.

Well, I am really impressed with everything I have seen - no buts!  :)

Flying around Tassy last night in search of Cradle strip (the freeware one; I was fortunate to get the main freeware pack in the initial offering so I have nothing to complain about, and everything to be thankful for!) - In just had to say how fantastic the mountains (thanks' Holger!) and snow in the Tasmania wilderness looks! I would tell anybody in the world who likes mountain flying (think Alaska, BC, American Northwest) to come down south and have a real treat flying in the wonder of AU Blue!

With Blue & Gold, I am finding that AU Mode Icon almost redundant as I'm always flying at home somewhere!

Now I just need to find somebody who wants to do some Beaver repaints in some Aussie regos! ;)

By the way, found Cradle, took a while though, quite a challenge!

The moment something changes I'll be sure to edit the text from "beta" to "late beta". Forgive my sarcasm, but I am slightly annoyed to be honest.

I was going to say something witty, but I think you have said it all...

Cheers

John:  to annoy you is to trouble the Gods.  It was not intended, but I am grateful that some of items do appear to be making good progress and soon will be available.

And TheodoliteKiwi, Lilydale was one of the airports listed as being subject to further work, although I have it as part of the first release.

John, if it would help I would be glad to forward a decent red to keep you happily engaged.  I recognise now that you have become part of a major scenery development enterprise within FSX.  I understand what you are doing, its just that I am eager to get my hands on what will now be, I understand the AussieX stuff.  Google AussieX and there are a few surprises!

I also realise just how easy it is to get flamed in any of the many flightsim threads.  It seems the flamethrowers are at the ready for any perceived slight - and the poster is incinerated in an instant.  I have apologised for not being clear enough about what I wrote - but that is not unusual amongst the thousands of participants in all the forums on the web.  Indeed many seem to have the barest knowledge of their own language and most certainly cannot spell the words they use.

I think any examination of my posts would show that I am a total fan of what Orbx and its spin-offs are doing to make Australian scenery simply the best experience for FSX.

Archived