just a little testing the new rig

Hey I downloaded a sun texture yesterday that works really well, may want to check it out.  I did a search for this on AVSIM and found it.  File is: nicks_sunfix1.zip.  Just noticed the sun in your pic, and thought you may want to check it out.  Here is one of my pics after downloading it.

Posted Image

Little tip, lock your FPS to around 20-25. Your flying experience will be smoother. There's no use in having unlimited FPS when the eye won't notice the difference. Some people also get blurries and other problems when having the FPS on unlimited.

On the other hand, maybe you already know this and you're just setting the FPS to unlimited to show of your awesome new computer! ;D

Anyway, great set of screenshots, hope to see more screenshots from you :)

Hi gents,

as stated I was merely testing the "beast" for a lil bit, normally I have my fps set to 20 as it works well and when in online multiplayer it doesn't affect to much the bandwith and you still have a smooth ride, just curious here as to how far the fps would go with all sliders maxed out ....... ;D

Those sun textures looks nice gwolb, I'll certainly give 'm a try

As for the specs:

mobo~ ASUS Striker II NSE

CPU~Intel Core2 Quad Q9300 s775

CPU Cooler~Scythe Mugen CPU Cooler

RAM~4Gig Team eXtreem DARK RAM DDR3 1600MHz PC3 12800 C7-7-7-21-2T

HD's~5x Seagate Barracuda 500G SATAII 7.200rpm 2 x RAID 0 setup 5th HD as external backup drive

VCA~EVGA-GeForce 9800GTX SSC 512MB

PSU~BeQuiet 700W ATX V2.2 PSU Straight Power, 24/20pins, active pfc, 2xpci-e, 8xsata, 4x12V Rails

SC~Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series

DVDR~1x Samsung DVD RW+/-DL SH230P black

OS~Windows XPproSP3 UKversion

case~Antec Performance One P182

and my "Old" Sony HMD-420 19" monitor at 1600x1200x32  ~ 72Hz

I've used the nVidia 175.19 drivers and the nVidia control panel, they work pretty decent as far as I can tell

As said still testing and looking for more optimized settings but things look favourable at this end .............. now at least I can go and test AU_Green FULL BLAST 8)

nice pics and great system , but man get a real monitor please..it's like driving a Ferrari with snow tires    ;)

highly advice on getting a 30inch samsung ;D

lol gents,

that's the next "upgrade" at the moment the financial "bag" is slightly empty and as for screen res, I probably opt for some good 22" CRT's, they are dead cheap now and fantastic resolutions and a Matrox triple ;D;)

and as for Ferrari's, they wern't that good today at Silverstone ::)

Archived