Australia Post - Regional

Butch

Hi There,

I know its sad... another repaint, but as Russ White said, when you are hooked your hooked.

Here are a few previews of my Australia Post verision of the Cheyenne IIXl.

Posted Image

One more...

Posted Image

Another bottle of Coonawarra Shiraz was sacrificed to complete this, the last perhaps until the next weekend...

I'll post this soon.

Good night   ;D

Butch

Guest Aussieman

Sort of work for Post (own a post office agency).

Having one of these won't mean you get your mail faster. Why do you think it is called 'snail mail'?

I live 160 kilometers fron Sydney and it takes nearly three days to get letters of parcels from Sydney. Mail is sorted in Sydney, sent to Bathurst and resorted then sent back to Lithgow. And yet 35 years ago you could get mail overnight. If posted by the time the post office closed it was sorted and put on the train that night and dropped ad the appropriate station. You could even post a letter as the train passed through certain stations and get it next day!!!

So much for progress.

Cheers

Pat

I agree Pat. Being an "insider" doesn't get privilages. I've had this post office since 1996 and even in that period I have seen service degrade. I guess all the restructuring and economizing of delivery centres and staff has made the bottom line better for aust post, but at the cost of service standards. But thats progress and you'll find it happening everywhere unfortunately.

Thanks again for the nice comments gents, I did a bit more work on this last night but not enough the post it. In the meantime I have picked a small project that will delay the completion of this paint and the blue and white scheme that I still owe Archie, sorry mate...

Hey John, regarding that bottle of red, I was thinking it would be better if we all met up in Avalon in 2009 and drank it together. ;D I am planning on attending with a few friends and family, then driving up the Great Ocean Road to see the Apostles.

I think that would be a great opportunity for the everyone on the board to catch up face to face... have a nice dinner, talk planes and flightsim, drink great wine, great company.

What do you think guys???  Start saving your pennies so we can have an FTX dinner in Geelong.

Cheers,

Butch

Archived