FTX AI Traffic

Mal Walker

Well as you all know Orbx will be releasing an AI package for FSX for Oceania airports,

this is all going along very nicely at the moment and not very long until it hits the beta testers, but,

we need seven more paints to finish this project off correctly.

We have had four dedicated painters painting liveries that are not available on the download sites just for this package, but we need some more painters to help finish this off.

These are the liveries and the models that they have to be painted on:

Air Moorea on HTAI DHC6

Airlines PNG on PAI DH8B, and Dee Waldron Embraer 110 and HTAI DHC6

Air Caledonie on PAI ATR 72

Air Canada on FSP 777-200 and 777-300.

If anyone can help please pm or e-mail me.

Thanks. ;D

A AI Traffic Question: Right now, I have to fly with the sliders turned OFF on AI traffic, boats, cars etc due to the hit I take on FPS. How will this add-on effect the FPS in FTX? I tried the other traffic add-on and had to remove it as it just wasn't worth the performance hit.

Thx'

The AI for FSX will be set no more than 20%, but most of them a lot lower so that the slider can be set low. ;D

I'm not sure how your fps will be, but I will be testing the AI on my FSX setup within a couple of weeks.

I have core duo e6420 2.13ghz, 2mb ram and 7600 GT gpu and FSX runs quite well with FTX.

G'day VH_MAL (I was born in Diamond Creek btw, just up the road from Greensborough!) Just wondering how this AI package will sit alongside others such as WOAI that i currently use, will it mean disabling WOAI Traffic to run this one?

G'day VH_MAL (I was born in Diamond Creek btw, just up the road from Greensborough!) Just wondering how this AI package will sit alongside others such as WOAI that i currently use, will it mean disabling WOAI Traffic to run this one?

All of the AI airlines have their own independant bgl files, so if you find that you would rather have lets say the full United Airlines package instead of just the flights into our part of the world you can remove or rename the FTX bgl file for United Airlines and keep your first one running.

I looked at the Projectai website, and noticed all of the files, but did not see how to install this for FSX.  Looked in the forum and did not find any type of installer for this.  Has anyone done that before, or does this not work for FSX? thanks

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

here is the Air Moorea DH6, let me know how you want to get the textures, there is still an old livery and another paint from 2007 to go, not sure what you need mate, let me know

Cheers

AC

Ummmmm Are these AI planes I assume? Ones that you can paint yourself? Again, AI planes drag my FPS down. Looking at going Quad core for my MB. Maybe that will help.

Turnip, you can paint any models, they don't have to be AI.

AI models should not impact on your FPS.

There is a gotcha - WOAI and some others are in fact compiled for FS9. They run in FSX but turn off any native FSX AI and also the big boats, so I'm told.  So WOAI and others need to be recompiled in FSX format if you want anything else to run.

I understand there is an FSX compiler that can be used to reformat them.

There is a gotcha - WOAI and some others are in fact compiled for FS9. They run in FSX but turn off any native FSX AI and also the big boats, so I'm told.  So WOAI and others need to be recompiled in FSX format if you want anything else to run.

I understand there is an FSX compiler that can be used to reformat them.

The AI for will be fully compatible with FSX and the tool is AI flight planner.

Hi Aussie Cop,

That's a great looking paint... I still have my training wheels on so can only imagine what you had to do to paint that.

Cheers,

Butch

Mate its not as hard as it looks, a lot of copy and paster from real aircraft pics, this one was a little dickie in that there were 6 different versions and wondering if I should do all or just a few lol  As you go along someone will tell you something one day and its like a light goes off in your head and it makes it all a little easier and quicker for each paint.

Hey Mal,

Where can I get AI helo models? would love to make some for the 1.2 release to add some civilian and police/EMS helos to the skyline ( i know they all say, here he goes again about helos lol) but appart from the bad takeoffs I think having some helos in the AI pack would be wonderful, I have almost every paint imaginable for each area I think! I may have to learn how to do this................MAL TEACHING TIME lol

What a great idea, as Kman said this would really liven up cityscape. I'd also suggest surf rescue, so patrols around along the coasts.

Mainly because that is where I do 90% of my flying.  ;D

Cheers,

Butch

What a great idea, as Kman said this would really liven up cityscape. I'd also suggest surf rescue, so patrols around along the coasts.

Mainly because that is where I do 90% of my flying.  ;D

Cheers,

Butch

I agree, Rob Neiwhaven where are you!!!! He's the bright spark when it comes to helo AI, so hope he sees this post to weigh in

Archived