A Mooney's Story

Russ White

Like the rest of us, after downloading freeware 1.2 i was really impressed by the extra content created for the already superb AU regions.

So i thought i would make a short promotional type film featuring some of my favorite FTX locations, my HD VH-SOM cockpit upgrade for the Mooney, the VH-SOM exterior by "Squeeker" and a host of other addons. Follow the link below to see the result!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKTEs8pIEWY

As always, your thoughts are welcomed :)

Russ.

Hi Russ - Very Nice Video, well edited and good music track.  For the love of FTX please post it somewhere else besides you tube.  To me watching works of art like this on You Tube is depressing.  I guess because it so popular its a great place to get a lot of exposure but there are other options that offer much higher resolution. 

Roy

Yeah i know what you guys mean about posting it in HD elsewhere, youtube compression does tend to destroy the immersion. Higher resolution videos are hosted by Orbx as zip downloads (no streaming video) so i may talk to John about that if there is enough demand for it.

Thanks for your comments guys,

Russ.

Very cool vid Russ.

I showed it round my flying class (all Mooney pilots) on the laptop today - many an ooh and the occasional ahh.. Sales of the ORBX product should spike accordingly. You should be on commission mate! Love the Eagles tune and the realism of the vid as a whole. Be good to see a higher res version at some point..

All the best. Steve.

G'Day Russ,

Mate, what a video :o! That was just amazing. It really captures you and amazes you how good FSX can look. FTX has really made a name for its self and now has the task of living up to its reputation for all the future flight sims.

Great work mate.

Cheers

Hugh

Guest Private-Cowboy

Absolutely lovely, right up there with Soaring Heroes. Is there an HD-Version too? I'd love to enjoy that in 720P. There is demand for HD. Please!

• 6 months later...

Absolutely breathtaking video Russ...

Have only just discovered the joys of FSX...and in particulat FTX...How do these guys produce such wondefull work...

They have taken the world of flight sim up another level...

I love it...lol..

Keep up the good work...

Dave

Archived