Tassie Tigers - Leg 7 YMLT - YCBG

pphibbs

Our next Tassie Tigers event sees us taking off from Launceston and tracking to Conara Junction via Hummocky Hills. We then turn southwest and track to the western tiers and over fly lakes Sorell, Crescent, Tiberias and our inbound reporting point Craigbourne Reservoir. Finally track to Cambridge via Richmond for a full stop landing.

We will require the following ATC for the event:

+ Melbourne Centre 

+ Launceston Tower

+ Hobart Tower

The event will be held at the following times:

Friday 27th May at 8:00pm EST/10:00z 

Sunday 29th Jun at 3:00pm EST/5:00z 

If you are interested in joining in and don't receive the InfoKits for the flights, please send an email to groupflights@virtualVFR.com.

This is a very scenic flight that showcases some of the most scenic areas of Tasmania.

Regards,

Paul Phibbs

VFR Event Manager

VATPAC

Sounds great Paul - I had a short circuit flight over Bankstown today (after the rest of you had got on your way) and ended up flying the wrong circuit direction!  Bankstown tower was quite polite in mentioning I was supposed to fly right pattern when I took off from 11R.  A bit learning process - but will enjoy the tassie flight for sure!

Also sorted out my microphone issue I believe - so I should be all set - just hope the rudder pedals arrive in time.  :)

Hi Guys,

Just a reminder that the flight is tonight Friday 27th at 8:00pm EST/10:00z.

All welcome. If you need flight details send an email to the address at the begining of the thread.

Regards, Paul

Some pics from Friday night's Tiger flight. Sunday should be more great fun. Forgive me posting screenies here, in future I'll make a link to the screenshots pages for Post-flight snaps, but I want all to get an impression of how good these flights are with the great ORBX scenery. If you haven't already joined a flight, now's your chance. See you Sunday.

Posted Image

Departing the gorgeous Launceston. Click for a larger image.

Posted Image

Climbing out.

Posted Image

Click for a larger image.

Posted Image

Look at this scenery! Click for a larger image.

Posted Image

Coming up on the Western Tiers. Click for a larger image.

Posted Image

Close company flight over the snow and water.

Posted Image

Approaching Cambridge. Click for a larger image.

Posted Image

Fabulous shots mate - I enjoyed the flight, but had to do it in FS9, as the old pooter handles FSX + FTX almost half reasonably, but add multiplayer and it's on its knees.     New machine will hopefully arrive in 2-3 days ... and wow, can't wait to get my hands on the beast. ;)

Cheers

Archived