Crash landing on King Island

Ryan Mason

hahaha I like how he says "After it's happened to me twice, I think there's a pretty good chance that if you fly with me now, you're pretty safe"

YEAH RIGHT BUDDY!! ???

That is some positive attitude, isn't it? "Half full"  ;D

As for me, I think I'll take a ride together with lesser positive people because all good things are .. three.

hahaha I like how he says "After it's happened to me twice, I think there's a pretty good chance that if you fly with me now, you're pretty safe"

YEAH RIGHT BUDDY!! ???

That is some positive attitude, isn't it? "Half full"  ;D

As for me, I think I'll take a ride together with lesser positive people because all good things are .. three.

I believe that was a quote form the minister Bryan Green who had been in a previous plane crash.

The passenger is a Minister in the Tasmanian Government.

The pilot will not be disciplined as he accepted responsibility. He is to have some counselling.

The weather wasn't the best so perhaps a case of overwhelmed by the volume of cockpiy activity.

I'm supposed to go to King Island from time to time for work and have thus far avoided the trip for one reason or another. I now have another reason.

Andy b

while developing King Island I had some interesting conversations with the Airport Manager there Vic Cook, He told me that it was quite common to get winds over 40/50knts, He mentioned that small aircraft chose carefully when to fly in there. Considering the recent weather I'd say with a forced landing due to bad weather the winds could well have been 60knts plus, combined with poor visability, I'd say the pilot was more than overwhelmed, not making excuses for the guy but at least they all walked away from it

cheers

Archived