OMG NRM is Fantastic

Tom Brooks

Been flying for the last three hours around NRM, and have to say PNW is great, PFJ is awesome but WOW, NRM is Fantastic, breath-taking and I have only been from Wenatchee to Castlegar and then over to Nelson.  Nelson at this time must be one of the most spectacular airport I have seen.  It has been a wait, but I glad for that, being NRM adds another awesome piece to the puzzle.  Now, please, please carry on the rest of the Rockies, I will pre-pay now because if NRM is the future then they will be great, sorry to add pressure.

Tom B.

I envy you. 

After three failed attempts, starting with 490 kbs, the last one got to 80% done before knocking me off.  I'm now using Get Right and downloading at a miserable 122 kbs! :(

It'll be midnight before I get it at this rate.  I'll leave it on until bedtime, then pause it and hope to resume in the morning when it should be a lot faster.

Meantime, enjoy yourselves.  I'll soon catch up and be joining you. ;)

John

After three failed attempts, starting with 490 kbs, the last one got to 80% done before knocking me off.  I'm now using Get Right and downloading at a miserable 122 kbs! :(

That sucks, I have nothing but praise for the CDN this time (the PNW release wasn't a good experience but they've obviously worked on it since then), I was pulling line speed for the entire download using Internet Download Manager. That's something I've only ever had when downloading from ISP servers.

Cheers,

Mike

Just wish I had more time! Flew from High River AB to Invermere direct in the 185 and it looks great. Although I don't think I have ever seen a jet at High River. ;)

Looking good guys. For sure.

Can't wait to fly from Springbank to Vancouver following the VFR routes. So many airports and towns to see. The only way to learn Geography. :)

Charles

Too late this time probably John, but go to options [in Getright] and under 'Accelerated (segmented) dowloading' and choose 4 - this should speed things up somewhat.

Even with Getright I have had trouble pausing downloads and try to avoid it if possible... also avoid too much browsing during the download, just leave the PC alone.

I didn't get the best speed yesterday, peaking at 420kb/sec... things do seem a bit slow here at the moment, broadband wise.

I'm now using Get Right and downloading at a miserable 122 kbs! :(

John

Landed at Nelson BC ... nice airport ... through the snowy mountains ... tough weather in BC this time of year ... decided to go back to Nelson to leave and fly to Calgary ... but lost the runway and found myself tangled in a fence ... the airplane burst  into flames ... !!!  Flew Calgary to Sandpoint Id.  noce flight great scenery

I would think that a patch is coming soon for NRM

Another happy camper here  ;D After the downloading marathon last night I was amazed at how accurate the area was (KCOE). I was surprised at all the static aircraft at the airport, and at first was a little unsure about it (love AI), but it really does fill up the ramp without a lot of fps hit. Nice job gentlemen.  8) I'm ready to prepay Southern Rockies right now.  ;D

Thanks Mark

I finally got it through Get Right at 12 midnight!  My speed was getting down to 56 kbs at times!  8-1/2 hours it took.  That's got to be some kind of record.

Anyway, I've got it installed, made the back up discs and as I write doing the defrag.

Who was it said I have plenty of disc space?  At this rate, I don't think what I've got is going to last that long!

Still, main thing is I've got it and glad to know you have too Mark.

All the best.

John

Archived