Views

teecee

I run FS9 at 50% views, and it looks much better that the full 100%.. I have been running FSX at 50% too.. but I am beginning to think it may be a mistake, because as a low and slow flier I seem to lose too much detail.. what do you pros run at?? Teecee.

I'm no pro - does 'views' mean Autogen? I get no stutters at 30+ fps in country areas with 'very dense' Autogen, and sub 20s with stutters at major airports (eg Sydney) on 'normal' autogen - no AI - so I avoid major airports and just enjoy the scenery. I think my rig is CPU limited but will not upgrade until the new generation arrives. The more autogen used the more birds and bees I see. Cheers, Hotspot  :)

I run at default Zoom but may have to move my head slightly to get the TrackIR just how I want it.  I have the red writing (top right hand corner) that tells me Zoom-Levels disabled.  It's easy, once you know how.  I did when I did it but the sacred knowledge is now lost to me - somewhere in the FSX.cfg file.

Thanks Hotspot.. what I mean is the view from the pilots seat.. you can adjust it with + and - I run at 50% view..it gives a wider view of the countryside.. works a treat in FS9 but I think not so well in FSX.. I am just looking for opinions on this.

Mark, I don't have trackir so I only see the 2d view or the VC views.. I really think running at 50% detracts from the scenery..Teecee.

Hi guys,

so I guess I'm the odd one out then? I prefer to fly with wide angle view, often even at 0.3. You need a decent rig for that because the wider the field of view the more objects and clouds are visible, which impacts performance.

During take-off and landing I zoom in to about 0.75.

Cheers, Holger

In the cfg file you can find an entry that reads WideViewAspect=False. If you have a wide screen and alter this to True then you can get a very good aspect view at 90 to 100%. This is especially useful if you use TrackIR, as it means that you do not have to lean forward to read the instruments,

Norman

Archived