PNJ Missing Textures

normandean

Just made my first flight in PNJ and selected Ketchikan for the start point. Alsmost immediately after tafe off I flew beside the cruise liners and found that the middle one has textures missing.

Posted Image

Norman

with thanks to British Classic Files for hosting

Hi Norman,

those are actually default models so reinstalling the ORBX Libraries won't help.

The textures for those cruise ships are in \Scenery\Global\texture. Check whether you have 7 "VEH_water_cruiselinerB___.dds" files in that folder, all dated 8/16/2006.

Also, are you using DX9 or DX10 preview in FSX? (I don't think that would matter in this case, just checking)

Cheers, Holger

Just to reiterate Holger's point.

The cruise-liners are default FSX objects.  Installing ORBXLIBS will have no effect at this stage.

Interesting how many glitches there are in default FSX models ... that is certainly an odd one.

Since some have it and others not, it would seem either a graphics setting, or some other modified core files.

• 4 months later...

I did some testing and don't believe this is a texture issue but rather an issue with how this particular model is placed. The object placement tool in the FSX SDK categorizes this particular cruise ship model (Model B) as AI with birds flying above not as a static scenery object.  I am speculating that  AI objects can be used as scenery but  there are probably more parameters that need to be added.

I Posted an image showing an additional AI model next to the model in the scenery and you can see that the textures are working and the birds are present.

Hope this helps solve this issue.

Posted Image

The cruiseliners are fine with the textures, everything is in place.

I compared the scenery/global/texture file list "VEH_water_cruiselinerB___.dds" with those of Jean-Paul Mes, see above. They are identical. Only 6 textures for ....B identified too.

Spec: GPU GTX470, Using DX9.

Wulf

Posted Image

Archived