Lancair disables nHancer settings (installed Nvidia Inspector)

wolfko

[PRE-FILLED CONTENT] Before asking for support, please make sure you have entered your ordernumber in your signature. If you have not done this, you will not receive support until you have done so. Thank you for your understanding!

Hi there,

I finally have bought the Lancair yesterday.

Thank you Jared and team for this incredible aircraft and paints, thank you Alex for the superb FDEs! This plane is a real joy to fly.

I have the following issue though. Whenever I load the Lancair, my nHancer profile for FSX seems to be disabled. I get jagged edges and shimmering all over terrain , trees, objects, gauges and panel. AA only works when the AA option is checked within FSX, and the Application option is checked within nHancer. But this only provides some medium level of AA, not enough to get completely rid of shimmering (especially on the Lancair gauges). I usually have set AA to high Multisampling or even Supersampling or combined modes (depending on what I fly) which helps lots with the shimmering. Returning to another plane will not establish the nHancer profile again. I have to close FSX and start it again. This will restore the profile until I load the Lancair. BTW I have tried 2 different sets graphics drivers, no difference.

My specs, Win XP 32bit, Intel Dual Core Duo 3.0 Gghz, Nvidia 9600GT – 512MB

Thanks in advance for your support!

Cheers Wolfgang

Some more info!

Strange things happen, but maybe this gives you some clues.

I just flew around Friday harbour (PNW installed) with the Carenado 182, AA settings as per Nhancer profile were working fine, Then I decided to do some flights around Vashion, so I loaded 2S1 (Orbx freeware), default runway. But when the loading was finished AA was gone again. No matter what AA option I checked within nHancer (again only chacking “application†within Nhancer and checking “antialiasing†within FTX helped.

I closed FSX, reset my Nhancer profile, started FSX again, this time with the default 172 and at Victoria Harbour. All went fine. Then I loaded 2S1 again and the Nhancer settings were gone again.

So it seems that loading the Lancaier or 2S1 have the same effect on my system:  all Nhancer AA settings are gone and can only be reset by reloading FSX.

I haven’t notice this with Vashion before, but I have flown there only 2 or 3 times a couple of months ago.

For more info: I’m currently have the 182.50 drivers installed, I had the same problems with the 260.99.

Wolfgang

@ Wolter

Thank you very much for recommending nvidiaInspector! Installing this tool did the trick! Actually AA (at least the levels enabled by the default nvidia control panel) started working with the Lancaier immediately after uninstalling nHancer, even before installing nvidiaInspector. The Inspector is a must have. Currently I’m playing with the sheer endless options of AA

@John

Yes, I’m using the SD textures. They too look very good!.

I get between 20 and 25 FPS (locked at 25) in the Mountains and forests of PNW and between 17 and low 20ies (sometimes up to 25) in rural areas and around smaller towns (haven’t tried KSEA, KPDX or CYVR yet with the Lancair)

I think that’s pretty good for my system for flying in not too friendly weather with 8xS AA and nearly all scenery sliders to the right, except autogen at very dense (with the autogen tweak applied) and mesh at 2 m. I’m using reduced traffic settings though.

So thank you very much for this great plane - I’m enjoying it very much!

Wolfgang

Archived