Darrington From a Dodge Viper - Yes, DODGE Viper, not F16 Viper

Guest Ragtopjohnny

Guest Ragtopjohnny

Orbx PNW Tour

Seeing Darrington in a Dodge Viper GTS

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/ragtopjohnny/The%20Darrington%20Drive/ViperLogo.jpg

Seeing Darrington out the window of a Dodge Viper GTS

Well friends, finally had a chance to put this post together.  As you know, I’m really enjoying the Orbx Pacific Northwest scenery, for it offers us so many ways to explore it, by air and LAND.  This time, I’m exploring the town of Darrington in a Dodge Viper GTS.  Hope you enjoy the ride!

At Darrington Municipal.  Our Dodge Viper rental is bought to us after we landed our aircraft.  Informed them to watch for a Cessna 337 Skymaster to come in, and they were ready with it, and we were ready to go….
Posted Image

Heading back to the airport office to pay our landing fees…
Posted Image

Leaving Darrington Municipal and our 337 waiting for our return tomorrow
Posted Image

The airport access Road, Engles Lane
Posted Image

Turning onto Arlington-Darrington Rd or otherwise known as 530
Posted Image

Filling up at the local Shell station, White Horse Mountain overlooking the town
Posted Image

Driving down the road to get to the Pharmacy to pick up some goodies for our drive, heading past the Fire Station, and the Motor Inn where we’ll be staying tonight
Posted Image

Driving past the Darrington IGA
Posted Image

There goes our hotel….
Posted Image

At the Pharmacy
Posted Image

Posted Image

Driving around, we see some old Churches in the area, such as their Baptist Church
Posted Image

We come to the Darrington Public School, and turning around to head back to town
Posted Image

The Darrington School District educates approximately 570 children each year on a single K-12 campus. The Parent Teacher Student Association is very involved in the local schools. School assemblies are held several times a year where students are awarded for academic achievments as well as constructive behavior. There is also a drama club for the high school and middle school. They do two performances a year. The mascot for the school is the Darrington Loggers, named after the industry on which the town was built. Darrington has consistently fielded highly competitive teams for both boys and girls sports.[citation needed] The sports available to Darrington students include football, basketball, baseball, volleyball, tennis, and wrestling. The sports in Darrington are coached by both teachers who are on staff at the school and also by local townspeople. When hiring coaches, employees of the school district are given priority over non-employees. In 1981 the Darrington Loggers won the State B Championship for baseball. The team was led by coach Nancy Snyder.
Darrington Elementary School has approximately 264 students. 49.6% of the students receive free or reduced-price meals. Special education students make up 18.3%. There are 20 classroom teachers and the average years of teacher experience is 20. In addition, 80% of the teachers at Darrington Elementary have their Master’s Degree. Joyce Jones is currently the mayor.

Starting to get dark, dusk is setting in on Darrington
Posted Image

Driving past the Assembly of God
Posted Image

Turning around – the lights of the Airport in back…
Posted Image

Going past the lumber yard
Posted Image

Stopping off at Glacier Peak Café for a bite for dinner.
Posted Image

Leaving the café, heading back to the IGA for some night time goodies as night falls quickly on Darrington
Posted Image

Guest Ragtopjohnny

Checked in at the hotel

Posted Image

Did you know Darrington is the original hometown of American television gameshow host Bob Barker from the CBS show The Price Is Right. A scene from the 2001 film Along Came A Spider was filmed on Highway 530 between Darrington and Arlington, Washington. A made for TV movie called High Ice was filmed on Darrington's local Whitehorse Mountain. Also, the fictional town Hope, Washington in the book Homespun Christmas is based on Darrington. A scene from the 1983 film WarGames was also filmed near Darrington: where David Lightman (Matthew Broderick) in a phone booth says he is in Colorado, the mountain in the background is Whitehorse Mountain

Leaving the Hotel, heading back to the airport

Posted Image

Overshot the entrance, D’oh!

Posted Image

Turning in to the Darrington Airport

Posted Image

Parked outside our Cessna, Packing it up…

Posted Image

Hope you enjoyed the sites of Darrington – doesn’t seem like a whole lot to do out here, nice quiet peaceful mountain town -  no , not South Park, either, LOL…..

I’ll be exploring another area of scenery shortly when I can – until next time -

Have yourselves a good one! 

Guest J van E

Nice! I wonder why no one asked where you can get that Dodge Viper... I want it! I also have a car in FSX (I once drove from Sedro-Woolley to Concrete: great ride! And I also already drove around WA79) but this car doesn't seem to have heavily tinted windows. I like it! I want it!

Guest Ragtopjohnny

Thanks Dean, appreciated! :)

Weengo, thanks!  Good hearing from you!

J Van, got this Dodge Viper from Flightsim.com free file library download.  Forgot the name of the file, but its over there.  It's a great package, has many textures. Only thing is, no working headlights...:(  Like the idea of Sedro Wooley to Concrete - that's an awesome ride! :)

Thanks David!  Much appreciated!  Glad you like the Viper!

Guest Ragtopjohnny

LOL - I'll bear that in mind - or maybe race a Cessna LOL...... ;D

I don't know about the Euromobiles - those Ferrari's are really awesome......:D

RagTop - I have to admit that TileProxy was hip but now we can see what a hybid scenery system can do with PNW.  I have a BMW and have been buzzing around Darrington . Gets kind of bumpy out of town though.

jja

Guest Ragtopjohnny

I hear yah - PNW converted me from Tileproxy - that's for sure!  Don't even turn it on there, LOL.....Sometimes can get a bit bumpy but otherwise, not too bad -

Thanks for the comments! :)

Guest Ragtopjohnny

Josh, yup - that's the one too -

Tileproxy is a utillity that brings in mapping server imagry as scenery.  That's all I'll say here. Don't want to take the spot light away from Orbx.  These guys ROCK at what they do! :D

Archived