Blow out

lthendrix

Hi all I was wuderin.... How often do you all open your case and blow it out with compressed gas duster... and a vac.

I do it about as often as I change the oil in my truck, although my case is 2.5 feet off the ground I should probably do it more often.

Hi all I was wuderin.... How often do you all open your case and blow it out with compressed gas duster... and a vac.

I do it about as often as I change the oil in my truck, although my case is 2.5 feet off the ground I should probably do it more often.

A VAC!!!! you'r talking about a vacum cleaner right......man just make sure your not gonna kill your hardware with static electricity from the vac...eeeeeeee I will not go near the inside of my comp. with a vac.........

I clean mine when it gets dirty........

That pic looks familiar, had that once too. Got a problem with a broken hard drive, opened my case, found that and cleaned everything. That day i made myself a promise to open it more often. Never opened it since though, somehow something else is always popping up to do.

I suppose it does make sense. Dust build up on anything that creates heat adversly effects cooling.

All your fans draw air into the box and with that air heaps of dust and fluff.

Possibility of static can be cancelled by wrist straps, grounding equipment before putting next to electricals, and most important of all just plain careful use of vacuum wands. Of course, it's your own choice if your'e a blower or a sucker ::) ::) just as long as you get the dust and fluff away.

It is impoprtant to run a clean system both.

Dan

I get my air compressor ramped up to 120 PSI and start blasting  ;D Some say doing that pushes dust further into power supplies and all that, but if you blast from the other direction is get its all back out again :) Ive been doing it that way for 10 years and no real problem. Just be careful not to aim 120 PSI of air via a thin nozzle too close to some capacitors because it likes to bend the pins now and then  :P

If you havent cleaned out a PC in a long time, you can create a dust storm even the Iraqi's would be proud of!

Hey Dean I was going to clean out the box with my air compressor but I realized that when air compresses it gets moisture in it and that worried me.    Ten years and No problems eh .... Maybe I will change my approach as gas duster can be quite pricey.

thanx all for your thoughts.

Archived