USAF F-35s exiting the Mach Loop in style - 4K

• adambar changed the title to USAF F-35s exiting the Mach Loop in style - 4K

It's really interesting to note that some pilots come in near ground level whereas others stay pretty high. In other Mach Loop videos featuring British pilots, most of them are ground huggers. I haven't flown this in simulation, but I'm fairly sure it must test your resolve in real life. That's a lot of dirt to approach at speed!

• Like 2

On 5/27/2024 at 11:36 AM, Rodger Pettichord said:

It's really interesting to note that some pilots come in near ground level whereas others stay pretty high. In other Mach Loop videos featuring British pilots, most of them are ground huggers. I haven't flown this in simulation, but I'm fairly sure it must test your resolve in real life. That's a lot of dirt to approach at speed!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

amazing flying skills at speed.....does anyone know is this a training thing or is it like a bucket list thing for these pilots to have a go at....totally amazing how they stay so orientated when they are banked so far...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wain71 said:

amazing flying skills at speed.....does anyone know is this a training thing or is it like a bucket list thing for these pilots to have a go at....totally amazing how they stay so orientated when they are banked so far...

The Mach Loop is a low-flying area (LFA) mapped out for routine operational low-flying training by fast jets and Hercules transport aircraft of the RAF and other allied nations.

Following a circular route through the Welsh valleys, the route provides an ideal location to train in the art of low flying – an essential skill that is practised by fixed-wing aircraft between 100ft and 250ft.

This is the altitude at which a pilot might fly in a combat scenario.

• Like 2